• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good News for Cider Drinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It might be derived from "Jake" which according to Roger's Profanisaurus means ... well you know what sort of definitions you get in that lexicon.

Do you mean like a ‘Fakey Jakey’?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
My favourite cider has to be the ones made on site at Killerton House which I sampled a good 10 years ago now.

They still haunt me to this day after one night in the remote past, I downed a pint in 10 seconds to catch up, and woke up with no memory how I got home that night. I guess it didn't help that I already had a few before that.
Ah, the old Cider-scooter... closely related to the Beer-bike.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Maybe a ‘Where did it all go wrong?”

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Where are you going to get your hit of White Lightning from <D

Off Licences in Carlisle / Berwick will be awaiting an invasion !! (To far from Morayshire I'm afraid)
White Lightning.... blergh.

We're just going to have to get creative and set up illicit facilities, I suppose. :D

MG11

I normally restrict myself to a single can of Strongbow in the evening but today I read the label and it says the recommended daily dose for men is 3 to 4 units; as a can is equivalent to 2.2 units it means I should be drinking 1.5 to 2 cans per day.
I exceed that regularly! Oops

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I certainly exceeded it yesterday with a pint after work then an IPA and a cider a couple of hours later after getting home. I don't want to know how much I exceeded it last week on the heavy session involving beer, red wine, white wine and prosecco...

I will be exceeding the 3-4 units thing again later and tomorrow too, as I'm having a celebration tomorrow. Seeing as my mates are all busy, I'm starting it early today! Only got 13 beers, 11 of which are uniques, to choose from...

fowler9

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can live like a buddhist monk and die young. My dads dad drank like a fish and chain smoked, died in his mid eighties. My mums dad was fit as a fiddle and died in his fifties of Leukemia.

Status
Not open for further replies.