• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gordon Pettitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Having 73s wouldn't matter, you still need a barrier vehicle between the locos and the first passenger coach. It's unlikely the HSE would allow them to be used anyway, since like I said, I'm sure they want less Mk1s running on the network than now not less.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Perhaps, but a back-up loco and a barrier coach are technically different things... ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
A diesel loco is an acceptable barrier vehicle. The idea is to shield the MK1 coach from direct impact.

Established Member
Having 73s wouldn't matter, you still need a barrier vehicle between the locos and the first passenger coach. It's unlikely the HSE would allow them to be used anyway, since like I said, I'm sure they want less Mk1s running on the network than now not less.

Not always you can have a 73 as a barrier on the 5Z73 when GBRF 73s 205 & 204 were used:)

trains2

SRPS have an exemption as their stock does so little mileage in England. The rules are different in Scotland!

As so many political things are...Don't see why the rules are different, we're all part of the same island!

Status
Not open for further replies.