• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Government Collapsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Guest
AlexS said:
Last time you mustn't have cleared your ears out properly then, we live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland :D


Not true. That is the name of the STATE. You live in the country you actually reside in. England. Scotland, Ireland. or Wales. There is no COUNTRY called "United Kingdom" The whole thing including the Irish Republic is called the "British Isles" The portion ruled by the Queen is called "Great Britain"

Therefore Alex you DO live in '"England" [as well as the UK]
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
1,161
Cockfosters said:
They were fighting for Britain... London is the capital of Britain...
Huh? So why is the capital of Wales, Cardiff? - If London is the capital of Britain, essentially England and Wales, then what is Cardiff?
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,561
London be the capital of Britain (England/Wales/Scotland/NI)... since England doesn't have a seperate capital defined then it would be the capital by "default" as it were.
 

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,118
David said:
ROFL - Rich, not being nasty, but where did you get that rubbish from ;)

I'd vote BNP, if they dropped all the racism rubbish. They seem to be the only party that actually realises this country is called ENGLAND! I'm fed up with hearing about us helping the americans in a pointless war, 100+ prisoners who should be deported have been sent free or this and that has to be changed because this religion and that minority don't like it. STUFF EM I SAY!

The fact is that this country and its government have lost its way. Last time I checked we were called England and its time to remind people of that!

Well, many of my friends are racist, I'm sorry to say, but I do agree with DistrictLine, as after studying History, we learned about the racism against blacks in the early 1900s and the 50s.

I also agree with David, as I do feel that some other races take over this country. For example, in Birmingham a few Christmases ago, they didn’t put up decorations around the city, as the Muslim communities thought it was offensive to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: It makes me think to my self, for f*ck sake government, this is ENGLAND, and we have OUR customs - we do as we please, and any other foreign religion should not be allowed to overturn that. Do you agree?
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,561
Yes, but because if you look at it it is not Muslims who are instigating it.

Some stupid beancounter in an office wants to justify his job. So he writes some "equality policy" saying that Christmas decorations should be banned "so we don't offend anyone". The fact that no-one *is* offended has nothing to do with it. Muslims I've spoken to see it as stupid as we do - in fact a lot of people who are here from other countries enjoy celebrating Christmas, as it isn't so much a relgious event now. Hell, I'm an atheist and Christmas doesn't offend me - it's more of a celebration rather than a religious occasion these days anyway, of course one must not get dragged into the commercialism that it is now.

Ask people yuo know who are Muslim, are they offended by Christmas decorations? They will say no.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
18,563
Location
0035
Christmas seems to be about bright lights in the streets with cards and presents to most people these days and hardly anything of the religious side, so to me it just seems fine to call it "Christmas" and put up the decorations, because, to many people, that's what it's about.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
53,951
Location
Yorkshire
Rich said:
For example, in Birmingham a few Christmases ago, they didn’t put up decorations around the city, as the Muslim communities thought it was offensive to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:
Any evidence of this?

Rich said:
It makes me think to my self, for f*ck sake government, this is ENGLAND, and we have OUR customs - we do as we please, and any other foreign religion should not be allowed to overturn that. Do you agree?
Yes, we did have customs but unfortunately the Christians took over and forced us to change our holidays to suit them, we should never have let them take control. We should have kept our pagan traditions. Oh well.
 

The Snap

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
3,118
yorkie said:
Any evidence of this?.

Er, my Dad told me! :)

Yes, we did have customs but unfortunately the Christians took over and forced us to change our holidays to suit them, we should never have let them take control. We should have kept our pagan traditions. Oh well.

Indeed. :???:
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
Government collapse?

Bring it on..this contry is a **** hole in its current state and something needs 2 change, FAST.
 

Dave A

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
1,161
Sprog said:
Government collapse?

Bring it on..this contry is a **** hole in its current state and something needs 2 change, FAST.

Completely Agree!
 
H

HR2

Guest
Look lads [and lasses] It does not matter which colour the sitting government is!

It's they who implement the ideas of some jumped up jobsworth who sits on his **** in a nice Whitehall office with sod all to do but contemplate his navel thinking up more stupid restrictions to impose on folk.

'Oh you can't do this.' 'You can't say that' ....it's getting beyond a joke now and that is why the BNP is beginning to seem attractive to ordinary folk.

The PC morons wil start saying that loo paper can't be made in white next as it is 'racist'

It's 'Political Correctness' that should get the elbow in the short term. Then sanity might return to this land. I am old now and you are young so it's up to your generation to see that my beloved country is not destroyed by these idiots who think that a prisoner has more rights than a victim. Who try to foment discord by pitting religion against religion. Who attempt to start race wars by playing on the fears of minorities for their own ends.

THOSE are the swines who are stirring the muck and ruining the country in the process. Weed out the 'Political Correctees' and eliminate them [not physically] before they ruin YOUR lives as well !!
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,488
DistrictLine said:
The PC morons wil start saying that loo paper can't be made in white next as it is 'racist'

It's 'Political Correctness' that should get the elbow in the short term. Then sanity might return to this land. I am old now and you are young so it's up to your generation to see that my beloved country is not destroyed by these idiots who think that a prisoner has more rights than a victim. Who try to foment discord by pitting religion against religion. Who attempt to start race wars by playing on the fears of minorities for their own ends.

THOSE are the swines who are stirring the muck and ruining the country in the process. Weed out the 'Political Correctees' and eliminate them [not physically] before they ruin YOUR lives as well !!

Very right DistrictLine, the PC brigade are doing more damage than good. Even nursery rhymes are being altered, lets sing 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' so it doesn't upset anyone (see http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2073043,00.html). It is because of this obsession for political correctness that the (dangerous IMO) BNP are gaining so much support.

Must dig out the copy of a book I had as a kid - "Little Black Sambo".
 

ChrisM

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2005
Messages
716
DistrictLine said:
Look lads [and lasses] It does not matter which colour the sitting government is!

It's they who implement the ideas of some jumped up jobsworth who sits on his **** in a nice Whitehall office with sod all to do but contemplate his navel thinking up more stupid restrictions to impose on folk.

'Oh you can't do this.' 'You can't say that' ....it's getting beyond a joke now and that is why the BNP is beginning to seem attractive to ordinary folk.

The PC morons wil start saying that loo paper can't be made in white next as it is 'racist'

It's 'Political Correctness' that should get the elbow in the short term. Then sanity might return to this land. I am old now and you are young so it's up to your generation to see that my beloved country is not destroyed by these idiots who think that a prisoner has more rights than a victim. Who try to foment discord by pitting religion against religion. Who attempt to start race wars by playing on the fears of minorities for their own ends.

THOSE are the swines who are stirring the muck and ruining the country in the process. Weed out the 'Political Correctees' and eliminate them [not physically] before they ruin YOUR lives as well !!
The best post IMO of this thread and something i agree with.
Trouble is a lot of the younger members want Labour out but whoever takes over (i have voted Labour for around 10 years and now agree there time has come to step aside) will not be allowed to implement their ideas because you can't keep everyone happy all of the time and someone will always appose any changes to any rules or laws.
Sorry to say but IMO things aren't going to change for the better,ever.
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
I agree entirely.

Did you know at one point, i REALLY wanted to go into politics a while back.

But i realised that..though most people become MPs and climb the ranks with the best intentions, they usually end up being twsited/corrupted by the end of it and those 'intentions' just go out the window.

I wanted to see if i could 'make a differance', but realised this would be highly unlikley and also, id prob go the same way as everyone else........

So you see, Sproggy isnt such a lamer after all! ;) :lol:
 
H

HR2

Guest
Sprog said:
though most people become MPs and climb the ranks with the best intentions.

So you see, Sproggy isnt such a lamer after all! ;) :lol:

There's an old, old, saying Sprog. 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions'
 

Sprog

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2005
Messages
1,315
Location
SPM
DistrictLine said:
There's an old, old, saying Sprog. 'The road to Hell is paved with good intentions'

Indeed DL

That is very true.

Think thats gonna be my phrase of the week tomorrow!
 

Tom B

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2005
Messages
4,561
Trouble is.... an MP may start of wanting to do x, y or z. But then to get selected for any party they need to either toe the line or have connections. Hence a lot of them go into Westminster spinelessly, and will do whatever the whips tell them to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top