• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia/DRS 47s Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Well half of it is currently being dragged around Crown Point, rumour mill says it might even be Mk2s next time its out next.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Its has just gone out as the 14.55 Norwich - Lowestoft with some Mk2s in tow. So assumption is the days of the Mk3 set are no more with Mk2s as the future. (!)

Current formation is 47+TSO+TSO+BSO+47.

miked

Nipped into Norwich station for the co-op and the 19.00 loco hauled sets been cancelled, anyone know why?

Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Its has just gone out as the 14.55 Norwich - Lowestoft with some Mk2s in tow. So assumption is the days of the Mk3 set are no more with Mk2s as the future.

Current formation is 47+TSO+TSO+BSO+47.

Had a very nice ride out to Lowestoft on it - the DRS MK2s are really quite nice. Today's 47s were 47805 and 47828, with 28 at the Norwich end.

The signalling issues at Thetford did me a favour, as otherwise I'd probably gone to Yarmouth and back, decided it wasn't coming out and gone to Ipswich. As I was late I reversed some plans and had a decent round trip!

Will this set be in Yarmouth the same time as the summer set from LST on a Saturday

Nice to get a photo of both at Yarmouth at the same time

Will this set be in Yarmouth the same time as the summer set from LST on a Saturday

Doubtful as it's not diagrammed to be out on a Saturday. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just unlikely.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Surfaced on the 10:36 NRW-GYM. How long it will last, nobody knows...

Just one round trip..

D6975

Established Member

Seeing as it's the locos off the short set that are used on the Sat drags, it's not possible. Not without sending more locos down from Crewe that is. If 37s take over working the short set, then who knows.

cm39275

Not on 1236 service as suggested on the diagrams, so anyone know if they are out on any other diagram today?

Last edited:

Johnny_w

What's the chances of any loco hauled tomorrow on a Saturday?

Also, via facebook, there was a comment suggesting GA had sent the lot back to DRS to 'Sort out the mess' ?

any truth to that?

JW

What's the chances of any loco hauled tomorrow on a Saturday?

Also, via facebook, there was a comment suggesting GA had sent the lot back to DRS to 'Sort out the mess' ?

any truth to that?

JW

If GA have a case against DRS then they are within their rights to send it back, after all DRS own the set and if DRS sent the set in a poor state I would have sent it back

david_VI

Any 37 action yet?

Or when are the 47's running? are the 1VXX headcodes that run LST-GYM 47's? Or does the 47 only take over at Norwich (which makes more sense when I actually think about it). I'm thinking of going upto Gt Yarmouth maybe tomorrow (From Colchester).

Last edited:

SprinterMan

Established Member
I tried to get the short set both Wednesday & Friday this week, and it wasn't running either day :( I saw it parked at CP on Friday, and the was as close as I got :P

Any 37 action yet?

Or when are the 47's running? are the 1VXX headcodes that run LST-GYM 47's? Or does the 47 only take over at Norwich (which makes more sense when I actually think about it). I'm thinking of going upto Gt Yarmouth maybe tomorrow (From Colchester).

No 37s yet. Yeah, normal 90 & InterCity set to Norwich, then the 47s drags the lot to Yarmouth. You should deffo go for it, it is a great trip to do :)

Adam :D

TheEdge

Established Member

SprinterMan

Established Member

TheEdge

Established Member
Coincidently from my personal Crown Point viewpoint (kitchen window!) I've just seen it come out of the sheds on the Point complete with a new Mk2 in the middle so I assume it will be back on diagram on Monday.

david_VI

I suppose it only runs Saturdays or weekdays because it doesn't appear to be running tomorrow. Maybe next week i'll go up there.

TheEdge

Established Member
The short set (2x47s, 3xMk2s) runs Monday to Friday with no diagrammed trains on a Saturday and Sunday, although its not unknown but its rare for it to run at the weekend.

The drags (47+London set) are timetabled only to run Saturday with nothing on Sunday or during the week.

DEAN MURPHY

I have booked on the 10am service this Saturday to Yarmouth and back.
Will the 47 be attached at Norwich or will they attach at Liverpool street for time purposes?
Thanks!
Dean

Ignore that...I saw the post a few above..;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.