• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Drivers - Multiple Locations (14/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EastLDN786

Just received an email that 1-3 months the vacancies will be readvertised and you can repply for it.Has anyone else received the same email today?
Did they say that assessments have been failed?
Apologies I'm just trying to understand why they would say that

Shaf Islam

Hi All,

After years of trying, I have finally been invited to my first assessment day with Greater Anglia. I have been preparing with the materials which I was supplied with but what else can I do to boost my chances? I feel like I am doing well with the practice questions but I am not sure exactly what the pass mark is. I am more focused on not making any mistakes rather than getting further along.

Thanks,
Shaf

Lilla

Hi All,

After years of trying, I have finally been invited to my first assessment day with Greater Anglia. I have been preparing with the materials which I was supplied with but what else can I do to boost my chances? I feel like I am doing well with the practice questions but I am not sure exactly what the pass mark is. I am more focused on not making any mistakes rather than getting further along.

Thanks,
Shaf
What assessment is this? :)

B Boy 82

Same!!!! Finally got my seat last year. My advise keep this as an option but get back out there applying.

Jaytrains

I got an email invitation last week to attend assessments but I already started a course elsewhere

martin2345uk

Established Member
Their qualified process is no better, I applied well over a year ago and in the time it’s taken to be invited to interview I’d been through the whole recruitment process with another TOC and accepted a job :rolleyes::lol:

Greeny1

Hi All,

Thanks,
Shaf
Well done and good luck to you! I haven't heard anything more yet.

Big dom

Trainee train driver. The first assessment.

Trainee train driver. The first assessment day.
You have all the information you need Shaf in the pack sent to you . It’s easier on the day itself as you are more focussed . You can raise your scores slightly through practice but you either do or don’t have the natural ability . Good luck

Greeny1

I applied too GA, completed the tests/applications and never heard back. I applied to SWR a week later and had a job within 4 weeks. I wrote a 2 page sheet on this, displaying my frustration and cause. However it doesn’t matter. I had to move from friends and family to get the role I wanted because they (GA) couldn’t be bothered to reply. I am now in south West London working for SWR as a driver. My point would be that GA are a company that would offer 10 opportunities when the requirement is 1.

But good luck to you on your assessment! Im rooting for you!
Wow, well done for getting the job! Seems a waste to get people through the assessments then never follow through. I don't think I'm in the position to relocate so it's my only option. I guess it is what it is.

Shaf Islam

You have all the information you need Shaf in the pack sent to you . It’s easier on the day itself as you are more focussed . You can raise your scores slightly through practice but you either do or don’t have the natural ability . Good luck
Hi Dom,

Your advice was spot on. I passed the first stage! The next step is a couple of computer tests. Thanks

Good luck to you on your assessment! Im rooting for you!
Thanks. I passed the first round!!

Last edited:

Big dom

Hi Dom,

Your advice was spot on. I passed the first stage! The next step is a couple of computer tests. Thanks

Thanks. I passed the first round!!
Well done mate . Pleased for you . I have medical in 15 days . We could be on same course . The whole process when you are in it is very quick

Shaf Islam

Well done mate . Pleased for you . I have medical in 15 days . We could be on same course . The whole process when you are in it is very quick
Thanks, they did say 2 weeks when I passed but got back to me within the week. I’m just practicing for the MMI mainly, I’m not too sure what I can do for the other tests??? Imagine if we are in the same class. I know that the first couple months are in Stratford.

Domenico

Thanks, they did say 2 weeks when I passed but got back to me within the week. I’m just practicing for the MMI mainly, I’m not too sure what I can do for the other tests??? Imagine if we are in the same class. I know that the first couple months are in Stratford.
Hi shaf, I just got invite for first assessment for mainline, I got the pack trough email, but does you recommend any extra advice or tips for me? Assessment is in 2 weeks time.
Many thanks,
Domenico.

What I will expect on first assessment? Will involve the interview or just the test?

Last edited:

Shaf Islam

Hi shaf, I just got invite for first assessment for mainline, I got the pack trough email, but does you recommend any extra advice or tips for me? Assessment is in 2 weeks time.
Many thanks,
Domenico.

What I will expect on first assessment? Will involve the interview or just the test?
Hi Dom,

The pack they send it is very helpful but for the group bourdon, look online for the 4 dot test. The one they send you is with numbers. Practice. Practice. Practise is the main thing.

No interview on the first day. You’ll do 4 paper tests and the computer if you’re successful at a later date.

Good luck!

Greeny1

I received the E-mail saying that the application is no longer active, and the trainee mainline driver vacancy has been advertised again as of today. Why would they do this when applicants already passed the SJT?

golfsareus

Sounds like they send you the SJT and you may or may not ever hear from them again and if you do it might be over a year until you do?

Big dom

Don’t give up . You need an element of luck to get on an assessment centre and then it’s down to your performance . They are testing plenty at the moment though

golfsareus

Don’t give up . You need an element of luck to get on an assessment centre and then it’s down to your performance . They are testing plenty at the moment though
I’ve passed the assessment centre before so would only need to pass interview I think

Big dom

I’ve passed the assessment centre before so would only need to pass interview I think
I had passed elsewhere . Had MMI and DMI in same week and medical 3 weeks later and started 10 days later . It can be a quick process once in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.