• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/1878 - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saffa

I have now heard back and completed the questionnaire yesterday, fingers crossed!
Hey Ginge36, what date did you apply? I applied on 18 March, not heard anything yet.

Good luck with yours though!

Ginge36

The questions though were pretty straightforward! as in you should know what to put if your a decent person etc lol.

hagzyboy

Sorry to hear that mate there will be more openings. I’ve not heard anything back yet so it must be a straight no for me

Nobby

What did you fail specifically Ginge? The assessment day......the application?

Adamski

the online assessment. So not even through to an assessment day lol.

I failed that too last year sometime, think it's a new thing they brought in. First time I applied it was through to an assessment day but since then they have added this online assessment to weadle out candidates.

GMT

What does this online assessment consist of though? Is it a Situational Judgement Tests? Something made of a dozen questions like for instance:
A customer has been browsing in your section for some time and is looking quite dissatisfied and annoyed. He comes over to you and asks whether you have a particular book that he is looking for, and after checking on your computer, you have to inform him that it is 'out of stock'. What would you do:
  1. Apologise that the book is unavailable and suggest he try the shop opposite yours or another online retailer instead.
  2. Offer to order the book for the customer and let him know how long this will take. Offer to call him when the book is available.
  3. Give the customer the ISBN (book serial number) of the book so that he can easily search it out elsewhere, either online or at another bookshop.
  4. Suggest he try the another branch of the shop (which is the nearest neighbouring town, 40 minutes drive away) or other bookshops in town.
obviously, with scenarios regarding the railway industry.

joystick

It has some SJE which are straight forward.the rest is a load of questions on what type of job you prefer.
Its not something you practise for you just do it.

Pastieman

I applied and failed this online assessment too !! It’s like it a character profiling questionair !! I thought it was straight forward and not to tricky !!!

But it’s a 3rd party who score you and report it back to GTR !! So the scoring must be bloody tight ???

Driver2B

Has anybody else still not heard anything?

I've not been invited to online assessments.

I've logged onto GTR and it shows "Application Status" as "Application Submitted" so presumably it's still waiting to be sifted...

MuckyFingers

all current courses being run have been postponed for 10 weeks so you might be waiting a while

samuelmorgan23

Hi there I have passed the online application an one other test and have now been shortlisted.
Booked in for a assessment day in croydon on the 6th of June was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me any information on what the assessment day is like anything information would be a great help thanks :)

Nobby

Hi there I have passed the online application an one other test and have now been shortlisted.
Booked in for a assessment day in croydon on the 6th of June was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me any information on what the assessment day is like anything information would be a great help thanks :)
You should have received, or will receive all the information you'll need from GTR in the form of a pdf file detailing how the day will work and some practice tests to help you prepare. Work through it and there is no reason why you shouldn't do well. All the TOC's seem to vary considerably in there methods so getting someone else's perspective is not always helpful. Quite the opposite sometimes!

samuelmorgan23

You should have received, or will receive all the information you'll need from GTR in the form of a pdf file detailing how the day will work and some practice tests to help you prepare. Work through it and there is no reason why you shouldn't do well. All the TOC's seem to vary considerably in there methods so getting someone else's perspective is not always helpful. Quite the opposite sometimes!
Yeah you are right thanks

ChrisML

Hi, how long after taking the miniSCAAT did they email to invite you for the assessment day?

ChrisML

Thanks guys, just got my invitation for an assessment day today, think they were making me sweat over the bank holiday weekend ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.