• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/1878 - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Wilson

I applied on the 21st march, application status still showing as submitted. I guess with the training being delayed this will mean a delay in us getting a response?

Pukapies123

Interested to hear from anyone that has attended assessments or interviews and what the outcome was?

I passed all OPC tests with another TOC recently so was invited to a DMI at Blackfriars back in April which I passed.

Just waiting on training course start dates apparently, the wait is a killer!

bionic

A little bird tells me that a very significant number of qualified drivers from another TOC (guess which one) have expressed an interest in Orpington GTR depot and have basically been told there will be jobs for them there in December. If I was a potential trainee for this depot I would also be exploring other avenues of getting into the driving grade because if the numbers of qualified drivers I'm hearing are correct then I can't see there being much room left for trainee drivers to get in on the act. I hope I'm wrong and the trainee jobs do materialise, but in the meantime my advice would be to keep looking around while waiting to hear anything about a start date for Orpington.

Adamski

I got an email Friday that I will be sent an email by the OPC which involves and online situational test and online scaat test. What is the scaat test?

Thanks all.

GMT

Any news about this recruitment? Do I have to give up as bionic implied? It would seem though that some people are being contacted for interviews.

Saffa

Anyone heard anything at all with this? My application still just says "submitted" seems to be just left in limbo..

Adamski

I got emailed about a month back to do the questionnaire and have just this week completed the mini scaat test, I am waiting again to see if I made it through to an assessment day.

Saffa

I know GTR have been having a rough time of late. I've sent numerous emails that have never been replied to.
Might just have to try and forget about this one and be pleasantly surprised later on down the line if I get any sort of email!

:|

Adamski

I know it's not the ideal situation but in this case worth that approach, no news is good news etc

GMT

I know GTR have been having a rough time of late. I've sent numerous emails that have never been replied to.
Might just have to try and forget about this one and be pleasantly surprised later on down the line if I get any sort of email!

:|
They will get back to you, probably not replying to your queries, but they will. We have just to wait. The situation at GTR lately has been just a shambles with apparently training courses put on hold because of lack of instructors and I suppose that is also reflected in the way HR is interacting with stakeholders; possibly they don't know what to say to people having queries.

Adamski

Do you gtr always get back to you even if you failed the mini scaat test?
I done it a while ago now and just not heard anything either way.

TIA

BallastMonkey

Has anyone had a DMI for the Orpington depot, or scheduled for one?

Any Thameslink Orpington drivers on the forum?

mateenez

I had my dmi yesterday and I was told there was a back log of applications to go through so I might not hear back for weeks

GMT

I had my dmi yesterday and I was told there was a back log of applications to go through so I might not hear back for weeks
So, how did it go? Plus, do they still do DMI before MMI?

Last edited:

mateenez

So, how did it go? Plus, do they still do DMI before MMI?
It wasn't too great but I'll say fingers crossed I feel like I didn't answer some questions as much as I should have even though I knew them and had better examples and another deal breaker was that my phone rang mid interview although it was on vibration but yeah and they do mmi after the dmi, my interviewer said if I was successful I would be have my mmi over the phone but the last interview I had with GN last year august I had an mmi before the dmi and it was with some guy at the OPC

GMT

It wasn't too great but I'll say fingers crossed I feel like I didn't answer some questions as much as I should have even though I knew them and had better examples and another deal breaker was that my phone rang mid interview although it was on vibration but yeah and they do mmi after the dmi, my interviewer said if I was successful I would be have my mmi over the phone but the last interview I had with GN last year august I had an mmi before the dmi and it was with some guy at the OPC
All the best, good luck. I'm rather surprised that you may have your MMI over the phone, never heard before.

Sofia@uk

W

Hi
I had my MMI and waiting for the date for the DMI been told they will call me in about 2 weeks.
Where did u had yours ?

Jz2307

I had my mmi a month ago but to the piloting and had my dmi last week and got told Tuesday this week that I passed the interview and have just got to wait for a medical

GMT

I had my mmi a month ago but to the piloting and had my dmi last week and got told Tuesday this week that I passed the interview and have just got to wait for a medical
Sorry but what do you mean when you say "to the piloting"?

Jz2307

They had to make sure drivers were signed off to take the trains. Through the core between London bridge and St Pancras. It’s all sorted now so should start up again

Niek88

Hi folks. This is my first time posting on the forum. I passed my assessment on 15th August 2018 and was told that i would be sent an email to choose a date for my MMI and DMI. Its coming up to month with no communication from GTR. Does anyone know whats going on?

Jz2307

Things in the railway rarely go that quick so you may not hear for a few weeks yet. No harm in contacting recruitment and just trying to find out if thy have any further information for you regarding dates. Good luck

Niek88

Things in the railway rarely go that quick so you may not hear for a few weeks yet. No harm in contacting recruitment and just trying to find out if thy have any further information for you regarding dates. Good luck
Thanks for your response. I will contact HR.

Pukapies123

This recruitment is still going ahead, despite the rumours of qualified drivers taking the jobs. The back log is due to clear and I've been told training is still on course to take 12-14 months. I've got a start date this month, so all those still waiting hold tight!

Saffa

I applied back in March and still not heard a thing despite emailing recruitment several times with no response.

Be nice just to know either way really

Status
Not open for further replies.