• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/1878 - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuko

So its just a matter of waiting. Will there be courses for each vacancy (Hornsey/Cricklewood/Orpington? Or do you think successful applicants from each vacancies will be merged into one class?
I honestly don't know. Logically I should think they do what comes up for each depot but then again it could just be where all the main driver shortages are, but who knows.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Terryp1984

Anybody on the forum waiting on a course date? Any news when potential courses will be; does march sound right? I was given fantastic news yesterday. I passed my MMI & DMI. Absolutely over the moon! Good luck 2 those that are still going through the process.

Congratulations! How long did you have to wait for your results?

Johnttd

Did they tell you on the day or did Trudy call you? Worried now I haven't received anything
Hi Terry awaiting the outcome of my dmi too .I attended my dmi interview 2 weeks ago, 12/10.
When did you go in for yours?

Johnttd

Hi. I was informed the following day.
Oh wow, been waiting 2 weeks now. Sorry to bug you, how long did you have to wait for the MMI and which was harder? Would a success in DMI be a good factor that one is almost there ?

Johnttd

Unfortunately i was unsuccessful in my Dmi but wish u all best of luck.
Make sure u have strong examples of ;
When you had to pass difficult msg a cross and why was it difficult.
When u had to be flexible and how this made u feel.
Example when your passenger wasnt happy with the outcome?
Why do you want to be a driver?
What do u know about the toc?
What obstacles drivers face ?
Thats all i can remember from my questions ;) good luck
Hi Sofia , sorry to hear that. Was that at Blackfriars? When were you yoldbyou were unsuccessful? I sat in for my DMI 2 weeks ago and I haven't been told whether I passed or not. My interview was about an hour long. Is that good or bad?

Gooner18

Hi Sofia , sorry to hear that. Was that at Blackfriars? When were you yoldbyou were unsuccessful? I sat in for my DMI 2 weeks ago and I haven't been told whether I passed or not. My interview was about an hour long. Is that good or bad?

Would not worry about he length of your interview, some last longer than others , all depends how you put the information across

Niek88

Oh wow, been waiting 2 weeks now. Sorry to bug you, how long did you have to wait for the MMI and which was harder? Would a success in DMI be a good factor that one is almost there ?
Hear back the next day after my MMI and DMI. Found the MMI slightly harder. DMI was more relaxed.

Gooner18

HI gooner18, that's very true.Still waiting.Have you done the dmi too?

Yes mate , had two in the last 2 months , one lasted about 15 mins the other a hour , also depends on how much the manager asks about you and general chit chat etc

Johnttd

Yes mate , had two in the last 2 months , one lasted about 15 mins the other a hour , also depends on how much the manager asks about you and general chit chat etc
Hi gooner18 ,
Thanks. How about eh MMI , have you done that too and how long did u wait before being informed after DMI?

Gooner18

Hi gooner18 ,
Thanks. How about eh MMI , have you done that too and how long did u wait before being informed after DMI?

Yes mate done the MMI as well , the Bloke who done mine at the OPC was really good so I did not find that to bad , mine lasted about 20 mins.

For DMI was informed next day for arriva and, same day for GA , however just because you ain’t heard anything means it is bad news , TOC’s can be annoyingly slow to get in touch , have you contacted them at all ?

Joliver

Have had DMI for both GTR and MTR crossrail. Heard back the next day from both. Might be worth contacting HR?

Johnttd

Yes mate done the MMI as well , the Bloke who done mine at the OPC was really good so I did not find that to bad , mine lasted about 20 mins.

For DMI was informed next day for arriva and, same day for GA , however just because you ain’t heard anything means it is bad news , TOC’s can be annoyingly slow to get in touch , have you contacted them at all ?
I haven't contacted them as yet although interview told me HR would contact me but they haven't.

Johnttd

Have had DMI for both GTR and MTR crossrail. Heard back the next day from both. Might be worth contacting HR?
Hi Joliver,
I shall definitely ring them Monday.
As seems everyone else heard back next day or so!

GMT

Hi guys, are there still people waiting for interviews or even assessments dates? I rang Trudi-Ann over a month ago, I asked her whether my application had been rejected or not, she said it hadn't but so far I haven't yet received any email for interview dates, and here on the forum there are people already talking about starting dates for courses. I'm a bit concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.