• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/1878 - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelTD@CFT

I too am waiting on 'that' call for a medical and start date. Was also told that the next possible course date would be in March/April. Had a conversation with my partner who stated that its common for companies not to give you a written conformation of an offer; as was the case with her when she joined the met 3 years ago. Having spent so much money administering the tests, the worst that i think could happen is that we would be put in a talent pool. I guess we will just have to sit tight and leave everything to time.
I was told medicals would happen in January, with a March / April start date. I wasn’t told there were people in front of me... From what I understand, there are 8 people per training group and if I’m not mistaken they still need about 2 groups for the Orpington depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lab

Phoned last week to chase up my DMI results, Trudy has been on A/L so will be in contact in due course.

Got my call today DMI passed :D

MMI on the 22nd...........
Feesh, how was the mmi?

Lab

Had the DMI for this in October, having already passed MMI and other assessments... next stage is medical and start the course hopefully... thing is I was told verbally on the phone that I had passed, and they've told me that they do not do written confirmations! Is this normal? It feels bad just hoping for the best. I was told the next intake on the course would be April 2019 and 'there are 10 people in front of you actually'. Of course I am delighted to have got this far, I just thought it's not much to ask to get a written confirmation, and seems this is done in case circumstances change and the vacancies are no longer there?
Ray90 hi, we're you told any possible dates after April? My friend was told the same. . That there were 10 people before him too.

Feesh

Feesh, how was the mmi?

Intense. I asked about what to expect, but nothing prepared me for the level of detail they were after.

Lasted 80 minutes, not sure what you can read into that. But fingers crossed.

Lab

Intense. I asked about what to expect, but nothing prepared me for the level of detail they were after.

Lasted 80 minutes, not sure what you can read into that. But fingers crossed.
Hi fresh, mine lasted same.. Just waiting to be informed hopefully next week. Let me know how you fare. Good luck.

Lab

I was told medicals would happen in January, with a March / April start date. I wasn’t told there were people in front of me... From what I understand, there are 8 people per training group and if I’m not mistaken they still need about 2 groups for the Orpington depot.
Hi Melts, please update on whether you made the April crewing as my friend is in same boat. Hopefully there is another class after April for Orpinton.

Riri

Hi all,
I’ve been reading all the messages on here for a while but this is my first post. I was told yesterday that I have passed my MMI and to wait for my medical which will be in the new year with a possible April/June start.
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Lab

Hi all,
I’ve been reading all the messages on here for a while but this is my first post. I was told yesterday that I have passed my MMI and to wait for my medical which will be in the new year with a possible April/June start.
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.
Hi Riri, is yours the orpinton depot ? And first time hearing about a June start if it be does not make the April course as there are a few people before my friend. He had his mom passed last month.. But he was told he may never get on the April one but wasn't told June.. Was that Trudy?

Lab

Hi Riri, is yours the orpinton depot ? And first time hearing about a June start if it be does not make the April course as there are a few people before my friend. He had his mom passed last month.. But he was told he may never get on the April one but wasn't told June.. Was that Trudy?
So sorry meant he passed his MMI passed last month and not his mom !

Riri

So sorry meant he passed his MMI passed last month and not his mom !

Yes it is for Orpington, Trudy called me yesterday to let me know the outcome of my MMI and said there is 2 people waiting ahead of me.
To be honest I’m glad I made it this far and I’ve stopped trying to figure out the recruitment process as it doesn’t seem to be a set pattern of how they do things. So fingers crossed your friend hears something back soon.

Lab

Yes it is for Orpington, Trudy called me yesterday to let me know the outcome of my MMI and said there is 2 people waiting ahead of me.
To be honest I’m glad I made it this far and I’ve stopped trying to figure out the recruitment process as it doesn’t seem to be a set pattern of how they do things. So fingers crossed your friend hears something back soon.
Riri if you don't mind me asking ,,when did you do your MMI ?Friend did his last month and was told there are 10 before him. So if you did yours post October and have just the 2 waiting it's hard to figure out what pattern they follow. Could it be cos they said they have leave booked in April? I'm still waiting for Trudy to call me butvwoyod chase her up Monday .

Riri

Riri if you don't mind me asking ,,when did you do your MMI ?Friend did his last month and was told there are 10 before him. So if you did yours post October and have just the 2 waiting it's hard to figure out what pattern they follow. Could it be cos they said they have leave booked in April? I'm still waiting for Trudy to call me butvwoyod chase her up Monday .

Did my MMI on Thursday 23/11 got a call the following day. Might be best to call Trudy Monday I suppose, just to get an update if nothing else.

Lab

Did my MMI on Thursday 23/11 got a call the following day. Might be best to call Trudy Monday I suppose, just to get an update if nothing else.
Riri thanks, Just can't fathom why they said 10 waiting before my friend who did his in October. And then 2 before u. Hmmmmm

Ray90

I too am waiting on 'that' call for a medical and start date. Was also told that the next possible course date would be in March/April. Had a conversation with my partner who stated that its common for companies not to give you a written conformation of an offer; as was the case with her when she joined the met 3 years ago. Having spent so much money administering the tests, the worst that i think could happen is that we would be put in a talent pool. I guess we will just have to sit tight and leave everything to time.
Thanks for the reassurance. I think you and your partner are right there... It's just hard explaining that to friends/relatives who don't understand the process and they end up convincing me otherwise! :rolleyes:

Ray90

Riri thanks, Just can't fathom why they said 10 waiting before my friend who did his in October. And then 2 before u. Hmmmmm
Did you manage to contact Trudy?

Edit: I wasn't told anything specific, any information I managed to get was incredibly vague. It was something like "the next available course dates will be around April" and it wasn't specified if I would actually be starting in April.

Lab

Did you manage to contact Trudy?

Edit: I wasn't told anything specific, any information I managed to get was incredibly vague. It was something like "the next available course dates will be around April" and it wasn't specified if I would actually be starting in April.
Ray90, yes she just said vaguely, there are people before my friend and he should wait for medicals in January but not sure he would make the April course!

Niek88

Thanks for the reassurance. I think you and your partner are right there... It's just hard explaining that to friends/relatives who don't understand the process and they end up convincing me otherwise! :rolleyes:
Just be positive. Not a day goes by without me mentioning something to someone about trains. Lol. Hard to contain my excitement. Does anybody watching this forum have any insight into what its like being on the trainee course.

BallastMonkey

Just be positive. Not a day goes by without me mentioning something to someone about trains. Lol. Hard to contain my excitement. Does anybody watching this forum have any insight into what its like being on the trainee course.

Yes! There is a trainee driver who has a thread with regular weekly updates on his journey. Make sure to leave some positivity on the thread, especially for taking his time and the consistency!

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/journey-greater-anglia-trainee-driver.172214/page-4

Niek88

I recently saw a post on the GTR Cricklewood thread that alluded to courses being cancelled. There is also a suggestion that internal candidates will be fast tracked onto what ever courses there will be. Can anyone shed any light on this?

MelTD@CFT

I recently saw a post on the GTR Cricklewood thread that alluded to courses being cancelled. There is also a suggestion that internal candidates will be fast tracked onto what ever courses there will be. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Just to put your mind at ease, they're still planning on running courses for the Orpington depot.

Niek88

Thats excellent news. Thank you. Would really like to know when so that i could properly plan my year ahead. Feeling extremely greatful to be in this position.

Lab

Anyone at the medical stage heard any news yet?
Waiting for medical too , but been told there are 10 people before me and it's unlikely I'll make the April training.
Does anyone know if there would be 2 Orpinton classes this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.