• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1023

Not heard anything either, I did the online assessment thursday last week

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jme_Bud

By online assessment do you mean the questionnaire? If so yes that is what I did. It had to be submitted by Sunday 19th.

dth

Still waiting here too. Hopefully we will find out this week.

Raymondava

From what I have heard this questionair was done on assesment day so they have changed it to online before assesment day to narrow it down I suppose

Jme_Bud

From what I have heard this questionair was done on assesment day so they have changed it to online before assesment day to narrow it down I suppose

Yeah, I thought I had read that somewhere. I also read on another forum about one applicants story. He was made to wait 3 months after passing the assessment day before being offered an interview! I think he said it was nearly a year and a half after initially sending off the application!

Leeder

Same here. The suspense is killing me. Looks like I can be checking emails everyday for the next year!

Oh well. Least I have train simulator to keep me busy. Practise signals etc

Inamberclad

Still waiting too. If I remember correctly it said at the end of the test that the mark would be passed back to Govia and they would be in contact. Assuming this isn't a generic message and each answer had a score attached then hopefully we won't be waiting long.

chooochoooo

I was very lucky to have even completed the online assessment. I received the email on friday 17th at 7pm to complete assessment by end of play sunday. I did not check my email until saturday evening!

dth

Still waiting here too. I was hoping it would be this week as I would thought the answers would be easy to score.

Leeder

Leeder where did you get simulator

Hi ray. I got it it here. Its On offer right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

And a guy called squirrels does a lot of routes/scenario reviews

https://youtu.be/qUgBaSQZ9Dg

I suggest the uk pack for £20. 60% off at the mo as they just released a new software 3 days ago called train sim world but that only comes with an american freighter/line at present. the one I've linked has most uk routes you can add all different train classes. Not up to the company's level of detail as their one, but good for concentration,route learning and theory never the less. Some routes can take 3 hours or more to drive so good concentration practice aswell.

This guy does awesome vids on signals and route learning

https://youtu.be/NOQL1AkKoYg

YouTube has been a great help for all things "learning to become a train driver" From Interview processes, questions, cab rides and theory. and also train simulator 2017 vids

Regards Lee

Last edited:

stretchdj74

Same here. Anyone bought the simulator?

Nothing here either, although I did buy the game and gave it a try the other day. Interesting to play but have not found a way to activate the deadmans activated which I think would be useful.

Jme_Bud

So happy! I got an email inviting me to attend the assesment! So worth the wait, hope everyone else has got theirs too.

Jme_Bud

When did u get the email

I got it about 1.30pm. I wouldn't worry, the way they work doesn't seem very consistent in the past.

It almost seems like a one in one out policy. Perhaps when someone fails the assessment they call on another applicant?

Status
Not open for further replies.