• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chao888

Good Evening everyone just a quick update I had confirmation from GTR that I have pass the GTR1 and Scaatt online test now they are checking if my assessment was up to GTR standard and now waiting game for the next stage

Donmad

Good Evening everyone just a quick update I had confirmation from GTR that I have pass the GTR1 and Scaatt online test now they are checking if my assessment was up to GTR standard and now waiting game for the next stage

Yh I got the same email "We will now check your details against a central database to see if you've already completed the driver assessment to GTR standards" but some people already got a test date. guess we would have to wait and see

Chao888

Yh I got the same email "We will now check your details against a central database to see if you've already completed the driver assessment to GTR standards" but some people already got a test date. guess we would have to wait and see
Yes fingerscross they did say on the email they will get back to you hopefully a assessment date soon

C00k1e

Have those of you with this email already passed assessments with another TOC that are still valid? Only wondering as I have passed them last year and also passed DMI and MMI and thinking that they might be checking to see if the results are of the enhanced standard that they require??

Chao888

Have those of you with this email already passed assessments with another TOC that are still valid? Only wondering as I have passed them last year and also passed DMI and MMI and thinking that they might be checking to see if the results are of the enhanced standard that they require??
For me no this is the first time I apply for TOC

nbc1607

Yes fingerscross they did say on the email they will get back to you hopefully a assessment date soon
I also got this email. May I ask does this mean, that we're awaiting a further email to book into the assessment centre?
I'm very confused as other candidates seem to have booked in already. Do you know if its a yes or a no?

Chao888

I also got this email. May I ask does this mean, that we're awaiting a further email to book into the assessment centre?
I'm very confused as other candidates seem to have booked in already. Do you know if its a yes or a no?
I would like to think positive and it should be a Yes just waiting to assign a assessment date when available

Hustlequeen

Hi guys

Rang recruitment today and they said they’ve had over 21k applications and they are manually getting through them and we will hear back it will just take time and to check junk emails. So don’t worry we haven’t been forgotten about to those that haven’t heard a thing!

Quin79

Hi guys

Rang recruitment today and they said they’ve had over 21k applications and they are manually getting through them and we will hear back it will just take time and to check junk emails. So don’t worry we haven’t been forgotten about to those that haven’t heard a thing!
Exactly what I posted earlier on page 13

dth

I wonder how many people get through to the assessment day?
And how many they let pass?
It'll be quite a lot of people spread over different days because they don't "let" people pass that bit is up to you.

Char93

Yes I thought so I didn’t mean it like that just why if everyone passed, or is that highly unlikely?

dth

Yes I thought so I didn’t mean it like that just why if everyone passed, or is that highly unlikely?
Yes very unlikely everyone will get through. At my original assessment day we started with around 30 people and at the end of the day only 6 got through.

dth

No I had to come back around a week later. After my MMI O had my DMI. I'm not sure which way around they will do it this time.

Wroyal

Hi guys,

I m waiting for the date of first assessment day after successfully passed mini Scaatt. Please advise on memory test, is it still the same as Sandate/Glop in GTR? and any tips/ point towards right direction to pass on enhanced grade as I standard passed it with another TOC back in 2019. Thanks in advance.

Monkeybird789

So it goes:
1 GTR Questionnaire
2 SJT
3 Mini Scaat
4 Psychometric Assessments
5 DMI
6 MMI

Sorry, I probably should have stated, I'm from a recruitment drive back at the start of last year and have completed all stages.
Hi
Well done to all that past the GTR mini scaat!. I got an email that I was unsuccessful even though I had passed the full paper scaat last year which is much longer and the symbols are harder to identify. I know my accuracy was spot but moving the mouse at speed was my problem and seemed to dilute the idea of the assessment in my opinion(not to take anything away from those that passed in any way). I'm 100% sure I would pass the paper version. This is obviously difficult to swallow especially when you add that I have passed all the stage 1 and 2 Trainee Train Driver assessments and would go to the DMI stage. This is not the first railway qwerk I have experience in my 3 years of trying to land the role so onwards and upwards. The reason for my post is that I want to get together a training pack that I can study until the next opportunity arises to apply. Chances are I will need to go through the entire process again as some of my assessment are nearly 3 years old.
I downloaded the scaat pdf from the opc and this was good but doesn't register if you have identified the object and acknowledged the mouse click.
I have read about stickies and also a Windows program that has online Bourdon and scaat testing for Windows. Is there anything for mac?
If not I will grab an old laptop if the links could be forwarded by anyone kind enough. Is till remain committed to pass all the necessary tests and become a driver and feel that creating a study pack to practice each week is the way forward for me. Any help or recommendations welcome.
This is my first post so I hope its not too speachy. Thanks for your time and the best of luck to you all

35mmags

Hi
Well done to all that past the GTR mini scaat!. I got an email that I was unsuccessful even though I had passed the full paper scaat last year which is much longer and the symbols are harder to identify. I know my accuracy was spot but moving the mouse at speed was my problem and seemed to dilute the idea of the assessment in my opinion(not to take anything away from those that passed in any way). I'm 100% sure I would pass the paper version. This is obviously difficult to swallow especially when you add that I have passed all the stage 1 and 2 Trainee Train Driver assessments and would go to the DMI stage. This is not the first railway qwerk I have experience in my 3 years of trying to land the role so onwards and upwards. The reason for my post is that I want to get together a training pack that I can study until the next opportunity arises to apply. Chances are I will need to go through the entire process again as some of my assessment are nearly 3 years old.
I downloaded the scaat pdf from the opc and this was good but doesn't register if you have identified the object and acknowledged the mouse click.
I have read about stickies and also a Windows program that has online Bourdon and scaat testing for Windows. Is there anything for mac?
If not I will grab an old laptop if the links could be forwarded by anyone kind enough. Is till remain committed to pass all the necessary tests and become a driver and feel that creating a study pack to practice each week is the way forward for me. Any help or recommendations welcome.
This is my first post so I hope its not too speachy. Thanks for your time and the best of luck to you all
Here is a link to the group bourdon/ Scaat tool download Used it to practice and it was super useful.

joshuan542

Hi all

I made an account just to reply to this thread lol, I applied for this on the 9th and haven’t heard anything like many others however I’m also female, bame, (they said in the application they are especially encouraging applications from women and bame people) internal with GTR and have completed the psychometric tests with another toc to national standard about a year and a half ago. I applied for all 3 and got a straight no from southern as I’m way out the 60 mins but haven’t heard anything from thameslink or GN. Do you think I should contact recruitment or wait it out?? Scared of being lost in the sift as they seem to have selected people already.
Don’t contact them, there are an excessive amount of applicant in this run, recruitment are simply going to say just wait as they’re still filtering applications for everyone, some have heard from southern, some from TL, etc.. you will eventually get an email saying no or invite to SJT

Hustlequeen

Don’t contact them, there are an excessive amount of applicant in this run, recruitment are simply going to say just wait as they’re still filtering applications for everyone, some have heard from southern, some from TL, etc.. you will eventually get an email saying no or invite to SJT
I did contact them in the end as I still had the number for the person that did my recruitment at GTR years ago..yeah they did say they are manually getting through all the 21,000 applications and we will all hear back. Just a tedious waiting game...

micker001

21 thousand applicants. That is unbelievable. I think we could be waiting a while. I wouldn't get in contact with them. After 6 months maybe but even then, you get an idea on here were they are upto.

Monkeybird789

I was booked in for Arriva overground stage 2 VSE just as the first lockdown kicked off. They stopped all recruitment immediately.
I think they will be the next to recruit so keep an eye out whilst you wait!

Thankful8

Hi!
My experience has been much the same as you I think. In my initial application my responses were just honest and short. I applied mid December and heard back early January. Then each subsequent Email came roughly seven days after I completed each test.
Now looking forward to attending the assessment day early February!
Well done and good luck for Friday. Looks like we were offered the same dates, due to prior commitments I went with the 15th though. Out of interest, have you gone through all the practice material they supplied, and if so, did they all seem incredibly easy to you?

20atthemagnet

I was booked in for Arriva overground stage 2 VSE just as the first lockdown kicked off. They stopped all recruitment immediately.
I think they will be the next to recruit so keep an eye out whilst you wait!
Indeed, ELL is is fast becoming a feeder depot now, will be taking on soon.

Loonylefty

I applied around this time last year and passed the mini scaat in May. Been waiting ever since for an assessment date. The centres were open inbetween lockdowns but were for critical business needs. I emailed a few weeks ago and the reply was

‘We're waiting for further assessment slots to become available.

As soon as we have these, we'll be in touch’

have to keep the faith and just wait it out