• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guardian columnist suggests vandalising Southern stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlSilva

Seeing the state of some stations, I don't think it needs anyone to encourage people to damage them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KTHV

As for Polly Toynbee, she isn't my favourite journalist but I don't think she was calling for some kind of Southern Railways Kristallnacht, she was just commenting on how she was surprised that the British don't kick off more. Perhaps she could have worded it better but it would take a rather nasty authoritarian government to lock her up for saying it.

I vaguely remember the reprehensible Julia Hartley-Brewer voicing similar incendiary rhetoric (stopping short of instructing people to vandalise stuff) in the Telegraph during the Tube Strike days a few years ago (shortly after the passing of Bob Crow)

furnessvale

Established Member
Seeing the state of some stations, I don't think it needs anyone to encourage people to damage them.

Perhaps if stations were not vandalised, the railways could spend that repair money on a general improvement elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.