• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
So it has... It looks a lot like Annan though. (EDIT: Check the wiki pic!)

I suppose that was a standard issue wall then!

CarterUSM

Established Member
There used to be an Intercity 125 go through there every morning on an Ayr-Glasgow service, making the Kings cross service on arrival about 25 years ago. Or was it an Ayr- Kings cross service?

The row of red chippings along the edge of the platform is common to both Glengarnock and Lochwinnoch so if it wasn't one it had to be t'other.

I hope this one isn't too difficult.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 26

4SRKT

Established Member
Try this one. Plant pot spotters please desist.

Attachments

• Mystery 58.jpg
    Mystery 58.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 35

HST Power

Established Member
Not correct. I'm getting fed up with Guess the Train being #1 at the minute; I put one up in both but this has been left behind! There's been a whole new round there since I put mine up, whereas this has had about five guesses...

I made that thread! :D

4SRKT

Established Member
Gourock is looking wrong, but Helensburgh Central is the right answer.

Attachments

• SDC11230.jpg
    SDC11230.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 20

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Track Basher seems to have gone away for a bit, and I hate to leave the thread hanging at this time of day, so try this simples one from the interwebs.

Getting it right does not necessarily entitle you to a pic yourself, mind, we'll see if TB comes back...

Attachments

• Y.jpg
    Y.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 34

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
No worries, just me being impetuous... do you want me to take it down? I'm sure you could get it within 3 guesses anyway.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Not Balcombe. The photographer took this on a normal 171 route. Fully unelectrified at this station.