• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR operating short 'HSTGTi' sets (see diagrams section for workings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the reduction of the fleet, I've heard rumours that the Angel sets will be returned to the lessor December time, however I must stress these are rumours.

Also seems like the Porterbrook owned (unless purchased subsequently by First Rail Holdings) Spares Donor 43s will be going for razorblade conversion in the coming week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
With regards to the reduction of the fleet, I've heard rumours that the Angel sets will be returned to the lessor December time, however I must stress these are rumours.

Also seems like the Porterbrook owned (unless purchased subsequently by First Rail Holdings) Spares Donor 43s will be going for razorblade conversion in the coming week.
None of the spares donor power cars are FRH owned - they are either Porterbrook owned or GWR owned (i.e. franchise assets).

fgwrich

Established Member

Rumours are rumours, nothing concrete. And while there might be a bit of a clearout of Laira, it wont make that much room at all.

Mollman

Established Member
Well First have just issued a notice (sorry I can't link to it) which says they are extending the lease on HSTs until June 2025
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
In preparation for an award of a National Rail Contract from the Department for Transport to Great Western Railway (operated by First Group). It is intended to extend the rolling stock lease with Angel Trains for the fleets of trains currently under lease with Angel Trains. The leases are expected to be extended as per below;
The Contracting Authority intends to extend the rolling stock leases in accordance with Regulation 50(1)(c)(ii) of the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016 for technical reasons. This is because there is no other UK based fleets available in sufficient quantities or within the requisite timeframe to meet GWR's needs for the National Rail Contract.
GWR intend to award a lease extension with Angel Trains for the Class 150 rolling stock, the current lease expires in March 2023 and it is intended to extend the lease until June 2027 with a further 1 year option.
GWR intend to award a lease extension with Angel Trains for the Class 165 and Class 166 rolling stock, the current lease expires in March 2023 and it is intended to extend the lease until June 2028.
GWR intend to award a lease extension with Angel Trains for the High Speed Train (HST) rolling stock, the current lease expires in March 2023 and it is intended to extend the lease until June 2025.
The Contracting Authority will observe a 10 day standstill period from the date of issue of this notice prior to entering into the lease extensions with Angel Trains.
The Standstill Period will end on Friday 10th June 2022.

JonathanH

Veteran Member

RPI

Established Member
Which are the Angel 150's at GWR, are they 150202/207/216 or are those the porterbrook ones?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Must've been some nonsense either I made up or the forum made up.
AFAICR there was one forum member who was posting regularly for a couple of years that the GW 150s were being replaced, no matter how many times GWR insiders told him he was wrong. Seems to have stopped now.

RPI

Established Member
AFAICR there was one forum member who was posting regularly for a couple of years that the GW 150s were being replaced, no matter how many times GWR insiders told him he was wrong. Seems to have stopped now.
Yes I know who you mean :lol: but this announcement only seems to mention the Angel 150's as confirmed above, the majority of the GWR 150's are porterbrook which I've not seen mention of? From what I'd gathered previously the Angel ones were staying for a while anyway hence 202 having a major overhaul since February.

Is there mention anywhere of the porterbrook stock with GWR and possible extension of their leases?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.