• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR operating short 'HSTGTi' sets (see diagrams section for workings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DenmarkRail

Hi, does anyone have the diagrams that this service will operate from/to PNZ from week commencing Monday 28th May?
Same question for 158s and IF IF IF there are any 80x trains testing down in Cornwall that week ;)

Cheers :)

DenmarkRail

Hi, does anyone have the diagrams that this service will operate from/to PNZ from week commencing Monday 28th May?
Same question for 158s and IF IF IF there are any 80x trains testing down in Cornwall that week ;)

When I say "This service", I am refering too the new HST Mini sets

Connor43002

There is an IET testing to Penzance tomorrow and I think 158s are still planned to start... Not sure about the 2+4s though

TEW

Established Member
158 not starting tomorrow apparently, insufficient drivers trained yet.

RPI

Established Member
There are two coaches (I believe a TSD and a TGS) due back relatively soon, from a good source I've been told that there will then be 2 x 2+3 sets made up for the summer to go some way towards covering for 153's going off lease

nat67

Established Member
No. They cannot work the sliding door set as they don’t have traction/brake interlock with the doors.
But these two PC's have been working on test with 3 MK3's from Bristol to Laira recently if that what was being discussed.

D1009

Established Member
There's no more sets of sliding door coaches until well after the summer. It would be perfectly sensible for GWR to form up some 2+3 slam door HSTs to help with alleviating the current rolling stock shortage.

RPI

Established Member
The 2 x 2+3 sets I was referring to are power door sets, there has been a TSD and a TGS at Doncaster for ages being converted, it' once these arrive that they will reform the sets

On Moderation
The 2 x 2+3 sets I was referring to are power door sets, there has been a TSD and a TGS at Doncaster for ages being converted, it' once these arrive that they will reform the sets
I think it's a TS and TGS that are back next. I have also heard that they will form 2 x 3-car sets when they are back.

Bessie

So the basic laws of physics must mean a 2 x 3 car set is faster than a 2 x 4 car set. If so welcome to the HST-R :lol:

PS: For non petrolheads the Golf R is a faster version of the Golf GTi

Dai Corner

Established Member
So the basic laws of physics must mean a 2 x 3 car set is faster than a 2 x 4 car set. If so welcome to the HST-R :lol:

PS: For non petrolheads the Golf R is a faster version of the Golf GTi

Though will the more complex laws of physics as applied to mass and braking force mean a lower top speed is enforced for the shorter trains?

Can’t think of a motoring analogy, sorry.

Apedlar12

Back to 2+4 today

Yep, I don't understand why they can't use a 2+4 set of slam doors either to help the 150s out until they get another power door set, must be a shortage of coaches or another reason...

paulwestwood

Yep, I don't understand why they can't use a 2+4 set of slam doors either to help the 150s out until they get another power door set, must be a shortage of coaches or another reason...

Maybe not enough Train Managers to cover the extra, West Conductors don't sign Slam Door stock to cover for the 150's.

RPI

Established Member
I think it's a TS and TGS that are back next. I have also heard that they will form 2 x 3-car sets when they are back.
Yeah.... That's what I posted originally

Was on holiday last week in Shaldon (Teignmouth) & was able to get loads of hst pics etc as they ran opposite our holiday park. Was surprised when on the first morning a four car green hst ran by & returned about 50mins later. Set had power cars 43187 & 016 & performed all week long
It's diagram, & I haven't looked elsewhere on here to see if this has already been posted, is
06.00 PNZ - EXD 09.16 2E12
09.26 EXD - PNZ 12.47 2C45
12.57 PNZ - NTA 15.49 2A85
15.55 NTA - PLY 16.38 2P49
17.55 PLY - PNZ 19.51 2C51
20.18 PNZ - PLY 22.22 2P96
22.42 PLY - PNZ 00.41 2C54

Also saw 43004 which is a new one into the green livery, 002 which of course is in the original blue & yellow livery & 005 also in the new green livery which begs the question, bearing in mind it was part of the original set with 002, why the hell didn't GWR or whoever keep 003 along with its Brunel nameplate in service down this way ? Muppets.
My favourite 43185 Great Western made a couple of appearances as did 172 Harry Patch & then 43092 & 098 coupled together running back up my way to St Philips Marsh depot about 19.00hrs one evening, knew these things happened but had never actually seen it myself.

On Moderation
Also saw 43004 which is a new one into the green livery, 002 which of course is in the original blue & yellow livery & 005 also in the new green livery which begs the question, bearing in mind it was part of the original set with 002, why the hell didn't GWR or whoever keep 003 along with its Brunel nameplate in service down this way ? Muppets.
Always find these sort of comments amusing. Decisions on vehicles being retained/off-leased/transferred elsewhere are made on a sound engineering and commercial basis, not because the spotters think it is historically significant or whatever special livery they carry.

That is the basis on which Angel and GWR have made the decisions. To reinforce the point, 43002, 43172 and 43185 are all not being retained by GWR.

Those who think decisions should be made on any other basis are - to use your word - “muppets”.

My favourite 43185 Great Western made a couple of appearances as did 172 Harry Patch & then 43092 & 098 coupled together running back up my way to St Philips Marsh depot about 19.00hrs one evening, knew these things happened but had never actually seen it myself.
43092/098 were not actually going to SPM, but heading light engines to Wabtec Doncaster as the next two for repaint and traction/brake interlock mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.