• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Shortage of Traincrew Weekend and During Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

father_jack

I "believe" a manager took it forward. Very divisive conduct.as the TM coverage at Worcester is always low.

Weekender

Credit where it is due. 3 Major sporting events and as far as I am aware there were only 7 cancellations due to lack of train crew.

Weekender

Mass cancellations out of Reading today, anybody know why?
Unofficial industrial action maybe?

HotelNovember

Friday is a normal working day, there’s no industrial action official/unofficial or otherwise.

It’s summer, school holidays, the weather has been nice, traincrew less likely to want to work overtime as a result. Therefore - cancellations.

JN114

Established Member
Mass cancellations out of Reading today, anybody know why?
Unofficial industrial action maybe?

No industrial action, official or otherwise.

Higher than average sickness coupled with higher than average leave and lower than average takeup of Rest Day Working.

PeterC

Established Member
Maybe not, but strange that's the first thing you think of.
Not railway but I have known passers by shout abuse at "strikers" when standing in the street during a file drill so maybe not so strange among the general public.

Clarence Yard

Established Member
For those of us well used to what happened in the 1970's, it always does trip through your mind, "is there a dispute on?" before you think better of it.

It reminded me of a joke of the time. Two people on the bus talking to each other:

First person - " I see the daffodils are out today".
Second person - "Which Union do they belong to?"!

tgrb

I’m sure you’ve all noticed the shortage of train crew (presumably based at westbury but I’m guessing) has caused s severe lack of services between there and Swindon and other localish stations - I think that has sorted itself now but the attached made me chuckle - are GWR getting its customers to dispatch trains now they are so short of staff??

I guess someone did a copy and paste to the wrong place there!

Attachments

• 2775108C-35B7-4A17-82C4-FFC3C3111BFB.png
    2775108C-35B7-4A17-82C4-FFC3C3111BFB.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.