• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jaytrains

Well here’s some good news and hope for the rest of us waiting on a start date, so I received missed call earlier today and then i called number back once i got the chance to and it was a manager from gwr asking if im interested to hop onto the HEX course instead of waiting in the pool for the mainline course with gwr and I obviously said yess, and she mentioned the starting salary 26k but she’s not sure how much it will be after the training so im guessing that the pay might be changing next year? And yeahh medical booked for may and start date in june

Just got a offered a start date in june 2022 for the HEX course!!!

Congrats i’ll see u in june!!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I don't believe HeX need many more drivers - maybe around 5 I think.

Congrats to those of you with offers!

Well here’s some good news and hope for the rest of us waiting on a start date, so I received missed call earlier today and then i called number back once i got the chance to and it was a manager from gwr asking if im interested to hop onto the HEX course instead of waiting in the pool for the mainline course with gwr and I obviously said yess, and she mentioned the starting salary 26k but she’s not sure how much it will be after the training so im guessing that the pay might be changing next year? And yeahh medical booked for may and start date in june

Congrats i’ll see u in june!!
Ah well done both of you... I'm glad the info I posted turned out to be accurate. I may bump into you at Reading!

PlexiDriver

Hey got the phone call this afternoon as well! Well done guys, start date in June well chuffed! Just a medical to go now!

Ebee

Congrats guys. Some info cos I've been asked. Rolling roster 6 on 4 off. Sundays are included as part of the working week, you work 30 weekends a year. Salary £55,500. Don't expect a pay rise . Training is in Reading. If you live far, book a hotel near the training centre.

387star

On Moderation
Congrats guys. Some info cos I've been asked. Rolling roster 6 on 4 off. Sundays are included as part of the working week, you work 30 weekends a year. Salary £55,500. Don't expect a pay rise . Training is in Reading. If you live far, book a hotel near the training centre.
Paid less than normal GWR drivers then ? Mind you a very simple route card

Jaytrains

Four weekly or monthly pay?

387star

On Moderation
GWR have been advertising for Qualifieds continuously at multiple depots for nearly four years now. Fratton and Par were the only two to be removed early on but they are dead man shoe's depots?

TrainSailing

Why not expect a pay rise? 55k? Is that a 1st year salary rising after 1 year??

Nonuts

I'm not sure if HEX is different in t&c for new starters but the other trainees at gwr qualify at 80% of full wage and it then increases 10% after 1 full productive year and to full whack after 2 years. RD work is 1 1/4. Could be HEX is different terms though

800 Driver

I'm not sure if HEX is different in t&c for new starters but the other trainees at gwr qualify at 80% of full wage and it then increases 10% after 1 full productive year and to full whack after 2 years. RD work is 1 1/4. Could be HEX is different terms though
Hex have completely different terms and conditions to GWR Drivers

Jaytrains

I just completed the screening application for gwr which was sent via email this morning, what happens after that? Contract? Or still a wait for the medical to be done before anything else happens?

Jaytrains

Surely a medical comes before a contract, otherwise they would possibly be employing someone (not medically fit) for the job.

Thanks for your response and another driver that’s currently employed by gwr dm’d me saying that they received their contract before the medical but lets wait and see.

Ebee

Why not expect a pay rise? 55k? Is that a 1st year salary rising after 1 year??
£55500 is the full salary and dont expect a pay rise. Not been one in 2 years. Nothing extra for RD working it's flat rate. HEX has diff t&c's to GWR. HEX is good starting point to become a train driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.