• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Trainee Drivers Required 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eggs&Bacon

When I last had a go I was using the download in the sticky in this forum, worth printing off loads of pages as is very different doing it on pen and paper to laptop, I found i could do an extra row or 2 each 2 mins

Tried that mate,says empty file.?

Sean1878

I had my DMI this week and was informed today that I’d been successful! So I’ve been placed in the talent pool pending future vacancies.

Good luck to everyone else going for these roles.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
As I have already said in this thread, they only require national standards

Peter76

I had my DMI this week and was informed today that I’d been successful! So I’ve been placed in the talent pool pending future vacancies.

Good luck to everyone else going for these roles.
Hi!
Congratulations!!!! How was the interview? Could you please share some information about questions etc. Did you gather any additional information during interview about training, possible course dates?
I have passed opc for another toc, did you have to do any additional tests.
Thanks for your help

6eleven

Hi everyone, quite new on the forum and must say that all you guys have been amazing help, having passed all the assessments previously with another TOC i have an interview with the DMI very soon for Reading depot talent pool. I have been trying to look for the routes and tractions of the Reading depots. I do understand it is part of the LTV region but anything they do in particular?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Sean1878

Hi Guys.

Apologies to Peter for not responding, I’ve not checked the forum for a while. In terms of my DMI at Oxford it was very relaxed and lasted just over an hour. The questions were mostly competency based with a couple on the role and company (what research You’ve done etc). As I’d passed everything with another TOC I went straight to DMI and thankfully passed. There was no indication of course dates but I was told that GWR are running courses quite frequently. They also took my holiday dates off me at interview. HR have just advised that I’m in a talent pool and they’ll contact me when a course comes up. So it’s just a case of being patient now!!

6eleven, I can’t help with routes from Reading unfortunately as my interview was for Oxford but it may be similar routes and traction. Oxf-Pad, local LTV stopping services. You’d best check this out though as I’m not sure.

Good luck with your interviews!

_ollie_

Hi everyone, quite new on the forum and must say that all you guys have been amazing help, having passed all the assessments previously with another TOC i have an interview with the DMI very soon for Reading depot talent pool. I have been trying to look for the routes and tractions of the Reading depots. I do understand it is part of the LTV region but anything they do in particular?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Reading sign class 165/6 and 387s.
Routes covered are: Paddington to Oxford. Reading to Bedwyn. Reading to Basingstoke. Slough to Windsor. Maidenhead to Marlow. Twyford to Henley and then depending on link, Reading to Gatwick Airport.

Peter76

Hi Guys.

Apologies to Peter for not responding, I’ve not checked the forum for a while. In terms of my DMI at Oxford it was very relaxed and lasted just over an hour. The questions were mostly competency based with a couple on the role and company (what research You’ve done etc). As I’d passed everything with another TOC I went straight to DMI and thankfully passed. There was no indication of course dates but I was told that GWR are running courses quite frequently. They also took my holiday dates off me at interview. HR have just advised that I’m in a talent pool and they’ll contact me when a course comes up. So it’s just a case of being patient now!!

6eleven, I can’t help with routes from Reading unfortunately as my interview was for Oxford but it may be similar routes and traction. Oxf-Pad, local LTV stopping services. You’d best check this out though as I’m not sure.

Thank you very much. That's very helpful.

6eleven

Reading sign class 165/6 and 387s.
Routes covered are: Paddington to Oxford. Reading to Bedwyn. Reading to Basingstoke. Slough to Windsor. Maidenhead to Marlow. Twyford to Henley and then depending on link, Reading to Gatwick Airport.

Thanks _Ollie_ for your help really appreciate it

Hi Guys.

Thank you for your help as well Sean1878 your answer is really useful as well to get myself prepared and congrats for making it to the pool.

trump

Thanks for the info guys. I also have an interview very soon for the GWR talent pool.
Passed enhanced assessments for another TOC last year so assume I am going straight to DMI too.

I've had no specific information about the interview. Should I treat it as the typcial DMI interview?
Prepare info about the company and routes and general competency based questions etc etc?

Anymore tips on here or by PM by anyone that has sat DMI for GWR will be very gratefully received.

Cheers.

Tracker400

Hey everyone,

Recently received an email advising me that I had passed my MMI Just waiting to hear about dates for the final DMI.

Anyone else heard good news?

Rob

Bigsquidy

Hey everyone,

Recently received an email advising me that I had passed my MMI Just waiting to hear about dates for the final DMI.

Anyone else heard good news?

Rob

Well done mate have got the MMI very soon so hope to be in the same boat as you soon, how you find the MMI?

Tracker400

Well done mate have got the MMI very soon so hope to be in the same boat as you soon, how you find the MMI?

Thanks very much mate. Found the MMI ok. Was a bit nervous before going in but was made to feel really comfortable. I’m sure you’ll do fine. Keep us up to date with how things go

Which depot have you gone for by the way?

Jolly18

Hi everyone I am new to all of this,I am wondering if anyone could help me out,I just got an email saying I have completed assessment stage 1,and I should await email for stage 2 ,can anyone pls tell me what to expect thank you

Cyclist

Hi everyone I am new to all of this,I am wondering if anyone could help me out,I just got an email saying I have completed assessment stage 1,and I should await email for stage 2 ,can anyone pls tell me what to expect thank you
If it’s the same as most stage twos then it’s 3 computer tests and an MMI. Search the forums to learn about MMI.

Jolly18

If it’s the same as most stage twos then it’s 3 computer tests and an MMI. Search the forums to learn about MMI.
Thank you for getting back to me I did 3 computer tests in Swindon,the same day we did the paper tests,and she said it should be a one to one assessment based on the questions I answered and some more questions

Eggs&Bacon

Has anyone that attended Swindon around April,May or June,been contacted to attend the MMI.?

I passed all the test in May and have been told to expect an email regarding a date for the MMI.

Obviously at present I haven’t received the email.

Tracker400

Has anyone that attended Swindon around April,May or June,been contacted to attend the MMI.?

I passed all the test in May and have been told to expect an email regarding a date for the MMI.

Obviously at present I haven’t received the email.

Hi Mate,

Might be worth contacting HR. I completed my stage 1 tests back in May just like you. I have already done my MMI (Begigning of this month) which I passed, and am now awaiting dates for my DMI.

Eggs&Bacon

Hi Mate,

Might be worth contacting HR. I completed my stage 1 tests back in May just like you. I have already done my MMI (Begigning of this month) which I passed, and am now awaiting dates for my DMI.

Cheers for that mate,I’ll fire off an email now.

Eggs&Bacon

Got a reply saying there isn’t any predicted vacancies at Paddington,thanks for your patience and we will keep your records on file.

Lucky I wasn’t holding out for this Then & am due to start a new Job soon.

Don’t you just love the railways.!:D

Indy3995

Has anyone started a training course yet for any of the depots? In particular Penzance or Exeter?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Has anyone started a training course yet for any of the depots? In particular Penzance or Exeter?
A penzance course started last month. Two trainees near passout. Nearly at compliment for now

Indy3995

Any more news anyone? Is anyone else waiting for a start date for Exeter or Penzance depot like I am?

Status
Not open for further replies.