• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Trainee Drivers Required 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
Just had an e mail from gwr regarding talent pool application, it says they are hoping to review applications in december .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnny Depot

Just had an e mail from gwr regarding talent pool application, it says they are hoping to review applications in december .
Nice one baz - received the same update and was going to share here also. Can't recall the cut off date but nice to have an update. I imagine the reviewing process will take a while.

baz962

Established Member
Nice one baz - received the same update and was going to share here also. Can't recall the cut off date but nice to have an update. I imagine the reviewing process will take a while.

Probably, mind you its a talent pool so thought it would be a long process , so not surprised . Like you say nice to get an update and know you are not forgotten.

jero04

Regarding your application for the role of Trainee Train Driver, reference 6056

Thank you for your patience so far with your application for the above role. We are hoping to be able to start reviewing applications in December but will be in contact with you as soon as possible to update you.

just got this yesterday... forgotten about the application as I just started a store manager role with Tesco. Anyone knows what should happen next

Sean1878

Has anybody heard anything regarding this yet?

I’ve been invited to attend an interview next month. I assume it’s straight to DMI as I’ve passed all the psychometric screening with another TOC. Thought I’d bump this in case anybody else is in a similar position or has heard anything re: OPC dates.

Eggs&Bacon

Has anybody heard anything regarding this yet?

I’ve been invited to attend an interview next month. I assume it’s straight to DMI as I’ve passed all the psychometric screening with another TOC. Thought I’d bump this in case anybody else is in a similar position or has heard anything re: OPC dates.

Ive only had the two,thanks for your patience emails at present.Sorry know that’s not much help.Good luck anyway.

Sean1878

Hello Sean1878, what depot have you applied for?

Hi Mate. I applied for Oxford depot.

Like others I’d had the two generic emails advising me of the delay in papersifting so was pleasantly surprised to get an email yesterday inviting me in for an interview!

baz962

Established Member
I too have only had the two patience mails, however i just received a contract with a different toc.

Tracker400

Hey guys. I’ve still only received the 2 ‘Thanks for your patience’ emails also. Hopefully we’ll have more news soon. I would like to know either way.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I have a DMI on Friday for Bristol. Recruitment is focusing mainly on the Internal applications for Bristol, Westbury and Exeter as the LTV region is fairly flush with trainees at the moment.

dex

I passed an assessment day for Southern coastal routes (GTR) late last year only to hear today that there are less coastal vacancies than anticipated and I won't be getting an interview. That would have been for Barnham, but I'm also close enough to Fratton (Portsmouth). I have seen contradictory info as to whether it's a GWR as well as SWR depot. Can anyone kindly confirm?

387star

On Moderation
I passed an assessment day for Southern coastal routes (GTR) late last year only to hear today that there are less coastal vacancies than anticipated and I won't be getting an interview. That would have been for Barnham, but I'm also close enough to Fratton (Portsmouth). I have seen contradictory info as to whether it's a GWR as well as SWR depot. Can anyone kindly confirm?
Fratton took three trainees on in 2015 all internal and the first in a decade

Last edited:

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Highly unlikely if it all you will ever see external vacancies for trainees at GWR anywhere other than Paddington, Reading and Oxford. There is a GWR Fratton depot. But if you want to work there you'd better be qualified or internal

RSTurbo50

Iv had an email to attend Swindon Rail Station for a number of assessments for the Trainee Train Driver role...Iv confirmed a date in July.

Has anyone experienced the GWR assessments?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Iv had an email to attend Swindon Rail Station for a number of assessments for the Trainee Train Driver role...Iv confirmed a date in July.

Has anyone experienced the GWR assessments?

Yes. Fairly relaxed day
All the info you need will be on the email they've sent you. The practice stuff is a PDF attachment on the email - they won't send anything else to you.

Bigsquidy

I have also got assesments have booked in for june, It seems they do both stage 1 and stage 2 assesments in 1 day which seems a great way of doing it to speed the process along, I took the stage 1 tests with Chiltern last year and have national past but says they check previous applications so guessing GWR also needs enchanced? Read that they didnt? Unless I am just doing stage 2 but I would of thought this would be stated. Good luck to everyone going for it

Eggs&Bacon

Has anyone got a link for a group bourdon test please.preferably a free download.?

I have tried the one on this forum but no joy.

Thanks

baz962

Established Member
Has anyone got a link for a group bourdon test please.preferably a free download.?

I have tried the one on this forum but no joy.

Thanks

Mate I just googled and printed off

Eggs&Bacon

Any chance of a link baz.?

I’ve googled so many and all are downloading but I can’t print.

baz962

Established Member
Now you are asking, I literally googled group bourdon, then images, then printed, but cannot remember how. I advised someone else the same thing and they eventually did it, but I cannot remember which one I chose or how I printed, sorry.

Eggs&Bacon

:D

Don’t ask don’t get mate,ok thanks,Ive done the images search so will get them printed off.

Bigsquidy

When I last had a go I was using the download in the sticky in this forum, worth printing off loads of pages as is very different doing it on pen and paper to laptop, I found i could do an extra row or 2 each 2 mins

tiptoptaff

Established Member
GWR take standard passes. They do not do the stage 1 and and stage 2 on the same day. GB test is the paper version

Status
Not open for further replies.