• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Driver - Exeter (12/05/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dabollicks

I’ve got an application in. 2nd time for me after they pulled the plug first time round after sitting all assessments and mmi

LKS

I’ve got an application in. 2nd time for me after they pulled the plug first time round after sitting all assessments and mmi

Was you in the pool for 5 years? :(

Good luck this time round :)

dabollicks

Was you in the pool for 5 years? :(

Good luck this time round :)
No. Was waiting for my dmi for 3 years and they then pulled the plug. Well first they asked if I wanted to change the depot I’d applied for as that depot wasnt recruiting, then they completely cancelled my application after sitting all assessments and the mmi. Never actually made it to the talent pool

Thanks

LKS

:o

And sadly that used a life in regards to sitting assessments :( well done passing first time though! Hopefully you'll be able to do the same this time!

dabollicks

And sadly that used a life in regards to sitting assessments :( well done passing first time though! Hopefully you'll be able to do the same this time!
Well that sucks! How long do results last for? Passed them all in 2019
Fingers crossed for this time round

LKS

It’d be awesome it is 5 years!

I could be wrong! It's just from what I think I've gathered from scouting the forum on different posts. Hopefully someone more in the know will be able to jump in and confirm :)

Class2ldn

This is incorrect, if he passed all the assessments then his 2 lives is fine, its only if you fail, its not 2 attempts overall, its 2 fails you have

LKS

This is incorrect, if he passed all the assessments then his 2 lives is fine, its only if you fail, its not 2 attempts overall, its 2 fails you have

Of course! I didn't think of that! Thank you :)

Lurcheroo

Hi folks, I applied for this, was asked to sit 2 online assesments and have been told my application will be reviewed. I have sat the physcometric tests earlier this year with a different TOC, passed the MMI and DMI and I'm in the talent pool with that TOC. The wife and I would love to move to the Exeter area though. Does anyone have an idea what will be expected of me from GWR ? will it just be a DMI ? and how long is it taking them to sort that at the moment? thanks :)

Cowcow15

Im still in a talent pool for trainee driver for exeter st davids (have been for 3 years or so now) so am surprised they are having another recruitment drive for there.

Anyone got any inside info on what might be happening at exeter?

Lurcheroo

Im still in a talent pool for trainee driver for exeter st davids (have been for 3 years or so now) so am surprised they are having another recruitment drive for there.

Oh wow ! Well that doesn’t fill me with much hope for myself then in honesty. Great shame as I was very excited at the prospect of working from the Exeter St David’s depot !
Would be good if anyone has got insider info on that one. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you though

Danetime

Yeah, they had another massive requirement drive for talent pools for 2023/24 and later. Might be worth reaching out to them and asking if you can be considered for those pools. Unfortunately, those left in the previous talent pool's psychometric results are expiring. I don't know the time limit but 5 years rings a bell for me.

Cowcow15

Yeah, they had another massive requirement drive for talent pools for 2023/24 and later. Might be worth reaching out to them and asking if you can be considered for those pools. Unfortunately, those left in the previous talent pool's psychometric results are expiring. I don't know the time limit but 5 years rings a bell for me.
I emailed them today and they said they couldnt find my application as i hadnt logged into the first group career website for a while so my profile had been removed. I had to create a new profile which they have now linked my opc test results and dmi outcome to.

I am still in the 21/22 talent pool as far as i know, so wouldnt want to move to a later one.

Who knows what will happen, im kinda just getting on with life and if the call comes one day then great, if not its out of my hands. I think my opc results are valid until september 2024 so still have 18 months or so.

LKS

Has anyone heard any further from this recent campaign?

nofxpw539

Has anyone heard any further from this recent campaign?
Hi mate

I applied for this one, last contact was to say the application is with the hiring manager, that was 26 May.

Fingers crossed for something soon!

Lurcheroo

I was told mine was with the hiring manager and then within a few weeks I had a rejection email. Unfortunately I live a fair few hours from the depot and they’re not willing to consider people who are willing to relocate at the moment despite me having passed all tests and in talent pool with another TOC. Fortunately I have my medical next week for and will start my drivers training with TFW in October.

Wish you all the best of luck :)

LKS

Hi mate

I applied for this one, last contact was to say the application is with the hiring manager, that was 26 May.

Fingers crossed for something soon!

I hope so! Keeping everything crossed.
I was told mine was with the hiring manager and then within a few weeks I had a rejection email. Unfortunately I live a fair few hours from the depot and they’re not willing to consider people who are willing to relocate at the moment despite me having passed all tests and in talent pool with another TOC. Fortunately I have my medical next week for and will start my drivers training with TFW in October.

Wish you all the best of luck :)

Sorry to hear that! Although sounds like one door has closed and another opened :) good luck with TFW

Mabs

Did you apply to Bristol though or Exeter?

Yeh! It doesn't make out its face to face with a manager and maybe more questions on screen for you to answer
Bristol Templemead.