• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

He ain't heavy, he's my Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
I'm not the sentimental type or anything like that usually but may I suggest you spare a couple of quid each for this brilliant tune and cause, I was 14 when this tragedy was played out on our T.V. screens and will always leave a lasting impression, maybe just maybe the funds that this song can raise will make a difference....JUSTICE for the 96

£2 from Amazon for the CD

or

89p for the Download

and no I don't want this to become a discussion about that horrible horrible afternoon, just wanted to help in the only way I know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I agree. It is a beautiful tune and it is well worth paying a small amount amount for it and contributing to a good cause.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
So, what are we talking about?

I am surprised that someone with your good command of both railway and general knowledge has asked this question and even I, at my advanced years, can inform you that the original version of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" was recorded and released in 1969 by the East Lancashire pop group called "The Hollies".

As to the reason why this is being re-released at this present time, you surely do not wish me to furnish this information, in addition....:roll:

Bungle73

On Moderation
I am surprised that someone with your good command of both railway and general knowledge has asked this question and even I, at my advanced years, can inform you that the original version of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" was recorded and released in 1969 by the East Lancashire pop group called "The Hollies".

As to the reason why this is being re-released at this present time, you surely do not wish me to furnish this information, in addition....:roll:

If you would, please.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
So, what are we talking about?

A 'supergroup' entitled the Justice Collective have released a version of the Hollies's classic He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother to raise funds or awareness or something or other for the Hillsborough campaign.

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
OK, I just Googled it. I'm not sure how I was supposed to ascertain this info based on the very limited facts in this thread.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A 'supergroup' entitled the Justice Collective have released a version of the Hollies's classic He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother to raise funds or awareness or something or other for the Hillsborough campaign.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Roverman

Yes well done Northern Guard, just hope it arrives (Amazon aren't my fave company)

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Well guys, thankyou to the people who bought this beautiful song

it made No.1

Thankyou!

Ferret

Established Member
Well guys, thankyou to the people who bought this beautiful song

it made No.1

Thankyou!

Beautiful song originally, I have to say that the latest version isn't at all beautiful when compared to the original (I guess they never are!)...BUT, the reasons for its release far outweighed anything regarding quality of the music so I bought it anyway. Good that it made number 1.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Beautiful song originally, I have to say that the latest version isn't at all beautiful when compared to the original (I guess they never are!)...BUT, the reasons for its release far outweighed anything regarding quality of the music so I bought it anyway. Good that it made number 1.

I actually prefer the remake, a bit more upbeat with some seriously good musical talent, but the original will ALWAYS be a classic.

Ferret

Established Member
I actually prefer the remake, a bit more upbeat with some seriously good musical talent, but the original will ALWAYS be a classic.

You prefer the remake?! Really?! Wow! I always hate remakes if I'm honest - the worst offender being Ronan Keating for his horrendous attempt at Iris - still, some causes deserve a donation. This was one.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
You prefer the remake?! Really?! Wow! I always hate remakes if I'm honest - the worst offender being Ronan Keating for his horrendous attempt at Iris - still, some causes deserve a donation. This was one.

The original will always be a classic but it is so dull when the song needs a bit more oooomph (IMHO) I like the different styles in the remake and Ronan Keating only has done a few decent songs so any remake is bound to be ****e lol

Status
Not open for further replies.