Heathrow Express with Day Travel Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith300

NR is showing that an Off Peak Day Return/Off Peak Day Travel Card for a journey from Harpenden to Hayes and Harlington is valid on the Heathrow Express down to Heathrow and then back up to Hayes - is this actually true?

Train 16:58 Harpenden [HPD] London St Pancras International [STP] 17:25
Tube 17:25 London St Pancras International [STP] London Paddington [PAD] 18:10
Train 18:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] 18:25
Train 18:27 Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] Hayes & Harlington [HAY] 18:32

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjohnson

Even more interesting is that NRE is offering Kentish Town-Hayes & Harlington via Heathrow on the HEx for £7.40. That's a nice discount on the £18 HEx single fare....

Can get the £7.40 fare from my local station in South London too. Dare I try it on my journey to Heathrow later this week? <D

34D

Established Member
I believe this is wrong, as you would be doubling back between Hayes + Harlington & Heathrow Airport.

Quite - though then again isn't this stretch not subject to NRCOC?

At https://www.heathrowexpress.com/conditions-of-carriage I can't see any mention of doubling back (but can anyone find any such conditions for Connect?)

cjohnson

Something funny is going on - I'm pretty sure HEx won't take kindly to NRE offering an itinerary that includes travel
on the Express for only £3.10 :D

NR is showing that an Off Peak Day Return/Off Peak Day Travel Card for a journey from Harpenden to Hayes and Harlington is valid on the Heathrow Express down to Heathrow and then back up to Hayes - is this actually true?

Train 16:58 Harpenden [HPD] London St Pancras International [STP] 17:25
Tube 17:25 London St Pancras International [STP] London Paddington [PAD] 18:10
Train 18:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] 18:25
Train 18:27 Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] Hayes & Harlington [HAY] 18:32

That 2 minute connection at Heathrow Central is precarious. Typically the Express trains leave Padd a few minutes late at this time of day or if they leave on time they can catch up to the 1822 departure. At the moment there is also a 50mph TSR on the down main which further makes the chances of making that connection slimmer still. For a more realistic journey plan (and one that avoids the hassle of trying to blag a journey on HEx with a travelcard) take the 1815 stopper, which gets to Hayes at 1833. :D

Deerfold

Established Member
That 2 minute connection at Heathrow Central is precarious. Typically the Express trains leave Padd a few minutes late at this time of day or if they leave on time they can catch up to the 1822 departure. At the moment there is also a 50mph TSR on the down main which further makes the chances of making that connection slimmer still. For a more realistic journey plan (and one that avoids the hassle of trying to blag a journey on HEx with a travelcard) take the 1815 stopper, which gets to Hayes at 1833. :D

I don't think the point is getting to Hayes & Harlington but whether the itinery via Hex is valid/would be accepted.

It is a suprisingly small connection time at Heathrow - I wonder if the connection time is 0 in the system if it wasn't expected to be needed?

jsmith300

I don't think the point is getting to Hayes & Harlington but whether the itinery via Hex is valid/would be accepted.

It is a suprisingly small connection time at Heathrow - I wonder if the connection time is 0 in the system if it wasn't expected to be needed?

Deerfold is correct - I was just wondering if it would be accepted since it says it is valid on NRE

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares

It's given explicitly as 2 minutes in the database (in the Master Station Names file, available at data.atoc.org). Terminals 4 and 5 have a more normal-looking connection time of 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.