• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heatwave what Heatwave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Is it sunny where you are ?

In Falkirk it is currently raining and not that warm, probably the same in most of Scotland.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DelayRepay

Established Member
Down here in the South it's been very warm for the last few days.

At the moment it's pleasant with a gentle breeze but the sun is out and I think it will be hot later.

You should know by now that when the media report on heatwaves, torrential rain, heavy snow or gale force winds, they're really reporting on what's happening in the South East of England.

nlogax

Established Member
Needed to fly to Edinburgh on Tuesday for some meetings, jacket definitely needed and sunglasses weren't. Getting back into Heathrow in the early evening was like arriving somewhere far off and balmy for the start of a summer holiday.

Bantamzen

Established Member

In Falkirk it is currently raining and not that warm, probably the same in most of Scotland.
Definitely started here in West Yorks yesterday, sunny and warm all day, & had my first sinking feeling as I approached my 333 home from Leeds with all it's window open....... (this is a sure-fire sign of summer here!)

Last night the cloud rolled in, humidity went through the roof but as I type the evil yellow day star is now pounding Leeds again & I can feel the air temp rising. So I'm going to practice sun safety & call it at lunchtime & find a beer garden! :D

Scotrail12

Most definitely is not! In months of going out on Friday morning walks, this has been the worst rain yet.

Howardh

Established Member
About 23c in Bolton. Quite pleasant, certainly not a heatwave!

duncanp

Established Member
High twenties celsius in Birmingham.

Sunny, but with a stiff breeze to keep everyone cool.

The canal side pubs will be doing a roaring trade today.

RichJF

Very warm & muggy here in deepest Sussex, but the breeze has picked up & is taking the slight edge off the temperatures. Reckon we'll hit 28/29 but not 30. Rain/storms forecast for Sun morning though.

dgl

Established Member
The oudoor temperature sensor at work (on a Lidl clock/temperature thing) got up to 30° yesterday and whilst it is attached to a shed that get's warm inside the sensor itself is in the shade, so very warm down here in the South/South West.

Lost property

Well that's the Wheel of fortune for you ( sorry...:D ). and besides, since nobody in Scotland has big posters up saying "We Luv Boris ! ", the RAF have been covertly cloud seeding to deprive the country of sunshine.

In my bit of the world, well below the Excess "Millions to die in Sahara Heat Wave Horror ! " values....plenty of upper cloud, surface winds around 10-15 kts, with some "interesting " gusts say 20-25kts, not thermals going through on a frequent basis .

I'm waiting for the Daily Express to repeat it's famous headline, much played on by Private Eye, "70, 80, 90 phew what a scorcher!".

Magdalia

Established Member
It is sunny and very hot here in the Fens. There is a moderate breeze but it is not cooling, it is like standing in a hair dryer. The breeze is also creating dust storms because the ground is so dry.

I dread to think what it will be like in late July and early August.

Time for my siesta.

Butts

Veteran Member
I've just got up from a nap (working tonight) and the rain has stopped with the temperature soaring to a balmy 17 Degrees !!!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Roasting down here. Not a cloud in the sky.

I am declaring today a multi ice cream day. This is an emergency situation

Not exactly comfortable from my office in an ex-display conservatory at work with one of S. Wales' leading chains of department stores.

Edit: Met office showing as 22 degrees for the area at the moment

wilbers

Here in Cumbria, it was warmer this morning, but got cooler after lunch when there was a shower. Still cloudy now, but not currently raining.

Non Multi

It's like being in the Med. South Bucks, 31°, but with cooling 30mph winds from the south west.

Gloster

Established Member
Met Office showing 28 on the Isle of Wight. I can hear the festival from my office: this really what they call festival weather. (Except at Glastonbury, where it is rain and six inches of mud.)

David Burrows

Hot here just outside lincoln, but been a nice breeze all day so not too bad. Make the most of it, allegedly heavy rain and umpteen degrees cooler tomorrow!

Lloyds siding

Now gone rather overcast on Merseyside, breeze picked up and temperature is going down quickly. Dropped 4C in the last couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.