• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help needed - June 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Severnside Community Rail Partnership are looking for some helpers to conduct the annual passenger count on the Severn Beach Line on Thursday June 25th.

A small payment will be made based on the number of trips you make. Unless you are local, trips will start/end at Temple Meads.

If you are interested, please PM me your email address and the times you are available and I will forward your details to the chairman.

Edit: also, forgot to add, if necessary a voucher will be issued for free car parking at Temple Meads

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
Severnside Community Rail Partnership are looking for some helpers to conduct the annual passenger count on the Severn Beach Line on Thursday June 25th.
This sounds quite interesting, and I'd be up for doing it as a voluntary thing for a days exploration of the Severn branch and the extra coverage I'd get from it, too! 8)

I'm not 100% sure as yet if I'd be available on the day (Hence me replying here insted of PMing) and I'd be sticking it down as "something to consider" at this time. If it is doable for me though, I'll definitely be interested! :)

Edit: also, forgot to add, if necessary a voucher will be issued for free car parking at Temple Meads
As it is, I do a lot of travelling in my "other" car nowadays...But would they have enough space to park that "other" car (An FGW HST!) at Temple Meads? ;)

Joking aside though; I don't have a car or other personal transport, and thus I'd be coming in by rail. I don't suppose those car-parking vouchers could be substituted for RTVs or warrants for travel to Temple Meads, could they? :)

Farewell for now, and thanks for any info! <D
>> Death <<

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
I'm still a maybe, but is there an age limit?

I'm only 17, will that matter?

And like Death, I'd be travelling by train to get to Bristol TM

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No there's not. I've spoken to the chairman and unfortunately the organisations expenses can't cover train fares (car parking isn't paid for as such, FGW give free vouchers).

Nope, no minimum age, but just the requirement that you can definitely make it, as if one person doesn't turn up that could defeat the purpose of the day. Please PM me with times if you can do it - any help would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.