• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help Needed With BVE4 Train Driving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi all,
I use BVE2 at th mont, as I find trains on BVE4 VERY hard to use. I feel that most authors now are not creating their rotes for BVE2 anyomre, so I'm going to need to learn how to drive on BVE4!
So, I need some help! :D
1.) How do you stop the trains? (< doesn't work, and putting it in 'B' gear, just stops the train, and makes it go backwards!)

2.) I'm gonna download the NEW Class 158, and Class 170 from TSC, and see where I get too.

Any tips......?
Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I think the keys are the same as BVE2 except to turn to brake you must press Q on one handle brakes

Hope this helps

Jordy

jd

Yeah thats about right I think.

For one-handle trains:

BVE2: Z increases power, A decreases power, Q is emergency brake

But in BVE4: Z increases power, Q decreases power, 1 is emergency brake

Other controls:

F2 - Toggle info (in bottom left corner, stuff like time, speed etc)
F3 - Open/Close timetable
F4 - Zoom timetable
Enter - Horn
Home - Tripcock override
Space - Tripcock reset
Pg Up - Wiper on and change wiper speed
Pg Dwn - Wiper off
+ - Doors closing message (on Northern Line)

Developer mode controls:
F6 - Doors open/close manually
F7 - Stop train
Shift + F7 - Speed up by 5 kmh
Ctrl + F7 - Slow down by 5 kmh

Simming

both TCS's 158 and 170 come with read-me's giving details about how to start the train off etc.

Jordy

Established Member
By right clicking and selecting options, you can fully customise the controls and use whatever key layout you want.

Yes you can and its very useful!

Jordy

The Snap

Established Member
Marv said:
By right clicking and selecting options, you can fully customise the controls and use whatever key layout you want.

Cool! Thanks for that!

The Snap

Established Member
jdan said:
BVE2: Z increases power, A decreases power, Q is emergency brake

That's funny! In BVE2, I use the up arrow to increase powr, and the down arrow to decrease it. I use F to butit in forward gear (and haven't changed any settings). :?:

T

Tom

You are using power option 2.

You must have changed a few settings for that to happen!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I started to use that setting on bve2 but my cab became a little cramped! the bve4 trains are though... well extremely good if you can get the hang of it. I am about 75% there, occasional SPAD still occuring though - same for TPWS! damn thing! lol

jd

The one think from 2.6 that I miss in BVE 4 is the advance warning about a station approaching. I usually end up slamming the brakes on and then end up hitting F7 at the stop mark 'cos I still haven't quite stopped. Suppose it's more realistic, but when you don't know the route....

Lewisham2221

Established Member
jdan said:
The one think from 2.6 that I miss in BVE 4 is the advance warning about a station approaching. I usually end up slamming the brakes on and then end up hitting F7 at the stop mark 'cos I still haven't quite stopped. Suppose it's more realistic, but when you don't know the route....

Try using the timetable as a rough guide for the first few runs, after that you should start to remember where they are from a combination of things such as time, scenary etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.