• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Henbury and Portbury - 29 Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
I have only received the tciket I booked for the 09:05 departure from Bristol TM but no ticket for the 12:08.

The email I received today from FGW said they had a lsit of the trains I had requested tickets for and my details o there should be staff on the day who can assist me

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris nailsea

Hi,
Received letter this morning addressed to a totally different name and only 1 ticket, just going to email FGW and see what they say. Meanwhile is there a Chris Hankin on the forum?

There is now! ;)

Steve, your post was drawn to my attention by someone who knows that I'm missing that ticket, so I've just joined up here to contact you and ask whether you could please forward it to me?

On a similar basis, I did receive a ticket from FGW this morning, addressed to a Daniel Phillips: is he a member of this forum, too, by any chance?

Chris. :)

Sabre999uk

Hi Chris,
Out of interest what tickets did you receive addressed to Daniel Phillips & for what service(s) and how many did you actually request? I requested 4 for the 1108 and received 1.

I notice you have to fill in the name on the ticket yourself and in theory what I think should happen according to the FGW email the ticket(s) you have received will get you through the gateline then members of staff will check your entitlement when you board, however I have no confidence in that happening!

I did attempt to send you a private message however the system wouldn't allow it I assume because you are a new member.

Steve

chris nailsea

Hi, Steve,

Yes, I've been told that as I'm a new member here I can't send or receive private messages yet. However, you can contact me via my e-mail address, which is shown on my profile (chris from nailsea) at http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php (apparently I can't post my e-mail address here yet either?)

I haven't opened the envelope I've received from FGW addressed to Daniel Phillips, but it quotes "1108" on the top left-hand corner and, from the thickness, it feels like it contains two tickets. I have also received a separate envelope, correctly addressed to me, containing the one ticket I had requested for the 09:06.

Chris. ;)

Temple Meads

Established Member
There is now! ;)

Steve, your post was drawn to my attention by someone who knows that I'm missing that ticket, so I've just joined up here to contact you and ask whether you could please forward it to me?

On a similar basis, I did receive a ticket from FGW this morning, addressed to a Daniel Phillips: is he a member of this forum, too, by any chance?

Chris. :)

I'm not sure if Daniel Phillips is a member here, but I know an enthusiast by the same name, I'll try to let him know, as it might well be the same guy.

As for me, I got my tickets today too, but I've been sent tickets for the 15:12 and 16:09 in two separate letters, and I could swear I only requested tickets for the 15:12, but both letters were definitely addressed to me.

ian13

I have a spare ticket (that I requested!) for the 09:05 to Portbury - anyone willing to swap for one for a later Henbury service?

chris nailsea

Just to continue the theme of 'musical chairs' here, on behalf of First Great Western:

I've exchanged e-mails with Dan, and I'm forwarding the tickets I've received here (addressed to him) to him.

Steve has now e-mailed me to offer to send me the ticket he received (addressed to me) to me.

I'm sure that's all now perfectly clear. Thank you, First Great Western. :roll:

sonic2009

Established Member
If anyone receives a ticket on here for a MR S Ward let me know :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

chris nailsea

No, I haven't ... yet. :roll:

However, I do have a spare ticket for the 16:09 - I can't use it, so it's offered free to anyone who would care to e-mail me with their contact details.

Chris. ;)

Last edited:

Old Shire

Here's a scenario. Mr A receives 4 tickets say for the 12.09 train addressed to a Mr B. Mr A is not as honest as those on this forum and decides to keep them. He can put Mr B's name on them and in theory board the train. Mr B turns up at Btm with a email confirmation of tickets he should have. What happens next? By the way l have received my tickets. (right name and amount). I ask the above because l can see a few problems on the day which l feel need ironing out before the event:roll:

louis97

Established Member
Here's a scenario. Mr A receives 4 tickets say for the 12.09 train addressed to a Mr B. Mr A is not as honest as those on this forum and decides to keep them. He can put Mr B's name on them and in theory board the train. Mr B turns up at Btm with a email confirmation of tickets he should have. What happens next? By the way l have received my tickets. (right name and amount). I ask the above because l can see a few problems on the day which l feel need ironing out before the event:roll:

Surely Mr A would have requested tickets for a train as well, so surely keeping the tickets would be pointless as they'd already have tickets for a train of there own choosing. Of course this does not stop them giving them to a friend, but i'd imagine a form of ID would be asked for upon tickets being shown given this issue. (I mean, who does not carry some form of ID with at least there Name on it?!)

D6975

Established Member
I received my 2 tickets, as requested and for the train requested.
However I have received the following email from FGW.

It would appear there have been a number of issues with the tickets for the First Great Western Community Rail trains. Unfortunately when the data was transposed from the on line registration some of the information has been incorrectly recorded including the number of tickets you originally requested. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience,

I can assure you that the number of tickets you originally requested will be honoured on the day. The tickets that you have received will get you through the gateline at Bristol Temple Meads on Saturday 29 September. Once you get to the station either myself or a colleague will be more than happy to take your details and make sure you get the correct number of seats on the correct train.

Once again I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I look forward to seeing you on the 29th September.

Best wishes

chris nailsea

I do have a spare ticket for the 16:09 - I can't use it, so it's offered free to anyone who would care to e-mail me with their contact details ...
Chris. ;)

My spare ticket has now gone to a good home.

I'll look forward to seeing some of you from this forum at BRI on the 29th, by the looks of it ... :D

ACE1888

A comedy of errors...
Applied for two tickets for the 11.08, got a reply saying 'all tickets had gone', shame
Then got another email from 'Vicky Cropper' at FGW saying that an extra coach had been added (assuming it's a 153) and that i had then been successful, tickets would be with the lucky applicants by last Friday...they never arrived, also received another email from 'V.C' at FGW saying there was a print error on the tickets and to bring them to the gates on platform 8 and it would be sorted so all that were booked could catch the respective trains on the day...How can I do that when I didn't get my tickets??? Emailed her back with my 'problem', received an email saying 'she is now on holiday' and to contact someone else.
I have now given up and will go to Bodmin Railway Diesel Running day on the 29th instead
Therefore , FGW, thanks for nothing basically...wonderful P.R...NOT
But good luck to all who will enjoy the day and trips

Last edited:

Old Shire

Dear all

We look forward to meeting you at the Community Rail Festival on Saturday 29 September.

You should now have received your tickets, or confirmation of alternative arrangements. If not please contact me immediately so that we can resolve any outstanding problems.

All the special charter trains will depart from platform 8 and we would be grateful if you can arrive 15 minutes before departure. The trains are made up of two Class 150 units and one Class 153 unit. There is a toilet on board but refreshments are not being served.

As you know we have made the decision to offer complimentary travel on these special services. The Community Rail Festival is however supporting a number of charities who will be represented on the day. To support them and to boost the Festival atmosphere we will be taking a collection as you board - this will be split between the charities present on the day. Giving is not compulsory, but we thought you would want to be prepared!

Stalls supporting the Festival will be on Platform 3 and we do hope you will allow time to visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best wishes

Vicky Cropper | Communications Coordinator| First Great Western
B332 | Macmillan House | Paddington | London | W2 1FT
e: [email protected]| m: 07850 255 404 | T: 0207 313 1064

district

I have two tickets spare for the 1209 departure. If anyone wants them, they will be with Mojo who is running a stall at Bristol Temple Meads station. Please PM him in advance. He's wearing a lovely suit.

83G/84D

Established Member
Unconfirmed reports that one of the special workings hit the dock entrance gates at
Portbury!

It happened recently with a freight working too!

anthony263

Established Member
Well I know the 09:05 from Bristol TM to Portbury sat at Portbury for a good 20 minutes or so since I was on it.

district

Unconfirmed reports that one of the special workings hit the dock entrance gates at
Portbury!

It happened recently with a freight working too!

It did - on the way in and out. Big scratch on the side of the unit (revealing Regional Railways livery underneath!)

D6975

Established Member
Could anyone provide me with the mileage from TM to the docks entrance please?

And what was happening at TM? Whan I got there I thought I'd come on the wrong day. As far as I could see there was absolutely nothing other than the special trains. Even these didn't appear on the boards, there were no announcements, and the one I was on (16:08/9) left from P12 instead of P8 (as specified in the email I received). I had to go ask one of the platform staff to find this out. He didn't know and had to call the signal box to find out.

Sabre999uk

Hi,
According to the Sectional Appendix, Bristol Temple Meads is at 118.31 & the only location inside the dock gate given is the Up Stop Board at 126.59 so 8 Miles 28 Chains.

I believe all the charters left from platform 12 in the end, as an aside it's the first time I've been to Temple Meads and I've never heard so many platform changes in one day! All my nephew said was he thought he'd lose a lot of points on Simsig :lol:

One final thing before I shut up, does anyone know what the filming on the 1209 was for?

Steve

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Could anyone provide me with the mileage from TM to the docks entrance please?

At Portbury, according to Quail the following is correct:
Boundary between NR and BPA - 126mi 34 ch
Down Stop Board - 126mi 53.5ch
Up Stop Board - 126mi 59ch

Status
Not open for further replies.