Holiday leave

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Cerberus, 7 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

I am currently going through the application process for trainee driver. There is only one slight concern I have and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it......
    Every 3-4 years I try to take my family to Australia to visit my brother. We are usually gone for 3-4 weeks. Would this be possible to arrange on these rare occasions? Would it mean trying to arrange mutual swaps with other drivers or special leave requests to the relevant dept?

Thanks in advance

2. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

Shouldn't be a problem, I have previously worked with a driver who took all his leave as a block of 5 weeks so he could go visiting in Australia, the only stipulation was that it didn't include the whole of August and that it was agreed with Management at the earliest opportunity.

A chat with your Manager (possibly submitting a form or 2) and it would be sorted.

Last edited: 7 May 2015
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Cheers for the prompt response 455driver. Helps a lot. Cheers

4. 30 common

30 common Member

During your training it could be an issue. Once your productive, then no. Just speak to your DSM.

5. 455driver

455driver Veteran Member

As he only goes every 3 or 4 years I would hope he can avoid the training period which is why I didn't mention it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.