• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How close are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord

Grr 32 miles from Aberdeen station I am.

75 minutes by bus but soon when i'm driving, 30 minutes 8)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
Not many feet at all from the Wolves to Shrewsbury line (no more than 40 or so)

When in Loughborough I suppose its about 2 miles to the Midland Mainline from here.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Wish I could live near Clapham Jn, but Clapham is a really dodgy place apparently, along with Croydon :shock:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Clapham Junction is actually in Battersea though and some say it was named by the original railway company as Clapham was much nicer!

I'm about 1.2km from the Crosscity line and the Cross Country Route, between Narroways Hill Jn & Filton Abbey Wood. It takes about 10 min to drive or cycle to Filton Abbey Wood station. The Severn Beach line at Redland is a bit further away and takes longer to drive mainly becuase of traffic though.

1D53

Established Member
Well this is the view from my flat

img0293mediumnx6.jpg

The line is mixed in with the walls and trees beyond the car park - some good views though - and when you get Valentas passing it is truely deafening!

Mushroom

0.4 miles from the Wolves - Shrewsbury line when at uni, 0.3 miles from the Altrincham - Chester line when at home

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Lucky beggar JsT, I am envious...

I live circa 14 miles from Knighton (on the HoW), 14 and a bit from Leominster and about 21 miles from Hereford. Oh, and around 20 miles from Llandrindod Wells (also on the HoW).

P156KWJ

Established Member
aargh! this is when it gets annoying living right next to one! Bleedin tampers going up and down all night sounding like stupid hoovers :lol:

1D53

Established Member
The last East Midlands Trains HST of the night is in. Just screamed in then confirmed on ldb about one minute later!

Phoenix

Established Member
Well from the birmingham derby line about a mile but the Sutton park line to wasall about 500 yard's (hand for stock move's)

Crompton Karl

I am very close to the London - Chatham mainline on Sole Street Bank, about 25 meters away. Its only a 5 min walk to the viewing point of the Medway Viaduct for the CTRL and 10 mins away from the Medway Valley Branch and Cuxton Station.

Karl :)

Doorslammer

The closest UK mainline I was near was the Aberdeen-Inverness line, not far from Orton.

I prefer to think about that railway rather than the railway I'm next to now (Armadale-Perth WA suburban line) because it was heaps more interesting to look at. Although the Kalgoorlie Prospector they use now is an absolute belter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.