• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How not to cross a motorway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
Blimey, how strange! But it doesn't seem to be news, just a report on something which happened at least 7 weeks ago, hmm.

D306

Established Member
watching the program now but am not saying anything after what aureol has said ;)

Last edited:

nutter

Thats not the full version which was initially on Motorway cops (the fuller version in the program). Lets put it this way, I had 4 accidents in 3 months last xmas, so i'm quite emune to this sort of thing, but this shook me up.

To be honest, I'm glad they showed the full version, because anyone who wants to be in the police for "all the pursuits" (the amount of times i've heard that) will think again. It's about time the BBC stopped been so PC and started showing the true realities of jobs like police officers

Phoenix

Established Member
This says a few things too me.

1.so people are generally and completely stupid.
2.some women are generally and completely stupid.
3.Alot of europeans are generally stupid.

This I say because who in ther right mind tries to cross a motorway I mean you can see how fast the cars are and then to make matters worse once they both get smashed by traffic they start hitting the people trying to save them BLOODY IDIOTS SHOULD OF HIT THEM HARDER.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Maybe they were illegal?

They can't have been running into cars for the fun of it.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Well, it's not my idea of a fun day out, but we're all different I suppose!

Gizmogle

Established Member
Immigrants. (I didn't say it cause I'm not sure how to spell it :p)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Immigrants. (I didn't say it cause I'm not sure how to spell it :p)

But I thought they were from Sweden (or have I missed someting) - meaning they can't be illegal :?:

Gizmogle

Established Member
But I thought they were from Sweden (or have I missed someting) - meaning they can't be illegal :?:

Ah, really? I don't know about all this stuff.

Yeah, maybe they were just bloody mental.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well, I suppose technically she could be illegal, but it's highly unlikely. I remember when I did A-Level Law there we had a case when a Dutch woman was refused entry to the UK because she was a Scientologist. She took the Home Office to Court because anyone from the European Economic Area is supposed to have freedom of movement. The Court ruled in favour of the Home Office. http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/columnists/gary_slapper/article3239734.ece

I don't know if there's been anything like that since 1974.

adc82140

Established Member
I'd have been less than pleased if it'd been my car with the dented roof, caused by idiots like this. Trust me, when they'd come round in hospital, there'd be a compensation claim awaiting!!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd have been less than pleased if it'd been my car with the dented roof, caused by idiots like this. Trust me, when they'd come round in hospital, there'd be a compensation claim awaiting!!

I'm with you on that, though I doubt if they have enough money to pay for compensation. Given the Motorway was also closed for one and a half hours I wonder what the cost to our Economy was?

Nick W

Established Member
What does baffle me is why they were there in the first place, but it's clear that they paniced when the police showed up and tried to get away. In my opinion the please should be liable for challenging the women with a motorway open and running at full speed.

They moan at drivers for slowing down for accidents and incidents, accusing them of being curious as to what's going on, but really if police are attending a scene the drivers should be slowing to at least 40mph, as they would on an urban dual carriageway with people either side of the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.