• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HS2 London Terminus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Euston Square currently has access at the west end only. A subway to an new platform access at the east end would be much closer to Euston and also provide a secondary evacuation route.

tsangpogorge

via a direct subway from Euston

Surprised such a connection doesn't already exist, I though this proposal might be something more substantial like re-aligning the sub surface lines so they actually pass under the main station.

TheDavibob

To be fair, I feel like Euston Square is closer to Euston than the subsurface platforms are to Kings Cross. And they make a very useful subway under Euston Road. And realignment of the subsurface lines would be unnecessarily painful, so I highly doubt it's worth it.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
To be fair, I feel like Euston Square is closer to Euston than the subsurface platforms are to Kings Cross. And they make a very useful subway under Euston Road. And realignment of the subsurface lines would be unnecessarily painful, so I highly doubt it's worth it.

Especially given that many of the interchanges off HS2 enabled by such a link (HS2 to Paddington, or Farringdon/Moorgate/Liverpool Street) will be more adequately catered for by the connection between HS2 and Crossrail 1 at Old Oak Common, which will be a faster route.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Especially given that many of the interchanges off HS2 enabled by such a link (HS2 to Paddington, or Farringdon/Moorgate/Liverpool Street) will be more adequately catered for by the connection between HS2 and Crossrail 1 at Old Oak Common, which will be a faster route.

The Metropolitan to the north-west would be the main beneficiary of a link to Euston Squaire.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Also it is always good to spread the load across as many stations and routes as possible.
The cost of the subway is negligible comapred to the Euston rebuild budget - let alone the cost of the entire HS2 scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.