• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I got the job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polls

I am so so happy!! LOROL are taking me on as a Trainee Train Driver in May! I just got the call so I am still all shaky and excited and have kissed about three random people in my office already. :oops:

It was tough but I got there.

Big thank you to everybody who helped me with my enquiries along the way.

Polls xxx

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Congratulation on getting the job Well done :)

I be the three people you have kissed must be wondering whats the problem at the moment ;) :lol:

Polls

Congratulation on getting the job Well done :)

I be the three people you have kissed must be wondering whats the problem at the moment ;) :lol:

Thank you :D

As for the people in my office I think they just think I have finally flipped and have started a small emotional breakdown. :oops:

Fig

Well done Polls. It's not often that one can truly say 'I know how you feel', but on this occasion ... :D

slick

I am so so happy!! LOROL are taking me on as a Trainee Train Driver in May! I just got the call so I am still all shaky and excited and have kissed about three random people in my office already. :oops:

It was tough but I got there.

Big thank you to everybody who helped me with my enquiries along the way.

Polls xxx

Congrats! Welcome to the world of train drivers, the day you first get your hand on the handle believe me its a moment you never forget..Lots of hard work to do before then but ina strange way you'll love that too :roll: Good luck!

dk1

Veteran Member
Did 14 years on t' railway before i took the plunge. As long as you keep your nose clean, work in with you colleagues & set your alarm, then you can't go wrong. Best move i made.

Polls

Did 14 years on t' railway before i took the plunge. As long as you keep your nose clean, work in with you colleagues & set your alarm, then you can't go wrong. Best move i made.

I'm gonna invest in two alarm clocks I think!

Thank you to everyone who has wished me well and congratulated me. They sure as hell don't make it easy getting this job and this forum has helped me so much.....it is definately a massive buzz knowing I have done it.....Just got the long wait till May now :D

BOSCH

Congratulations matey,I passed out as a Driver last march so I know how you will be feeling as may approaches,head down and get stuck in because the end result is worth all the hard work believe me !! :D;)

Well done fella. Live the dream! As others have said, hard work to come, but it is all worth it. The more you put in, the more you will get out. Keep us informed how you go with your trials on your path to the best seat with the best view!

driver9000

Established Member
Congratulations, as others have said you've a lot of hard work coming your way but you'll love every minute of it and when you get to the other and your sat at the controls on your own you can be proud of your acheivment. Its a lot to take in and if you dont know what your tutor is talking about ask questions until you do!!

Established Member

Congrats and all that, just dont annoy me when we are working together, we will get on fine ;););)

Please no kisses either, although i could tell all the instructors that they might be getting one though!:lol::lol::lol:

schenker

Congratulations!

I've just my self applied for the Engineering Apprenticeship with network rail I've got though the first initial stages and I just waiting for a date to be set for an assessment day it's gonna be tough but fingers crossed I'll have the same luck as you! :)

Polls

Congrats and all that, just dont annoy me when we are working together, we will get on fine ;););)

Please no kisses either, although i could tell all the instructors that they might be getting one though!:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not known for being annoying so you should be fine with me....random kissing is not a usual trait either, but if that happened when I just got the job imagine what will happen when I pass my drivers test?! Pucker up :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Congratulations!

I've just my self applied for the Engineering Apprenticeship with network rail I've got though the first initial stages and I just waiting for a date to be set for an assessment day it's gonna be tough but fingers crossed I'll have the same luck as you! :)

Good Luck but you wont need it if you study and do the very best you can in the assessment. If when I came out of doing the tests that I truley believed I couldn't have done any better then I was happy even if I didn't pass.

You'll sweat and your heart will pulse throughout but thats how you knoe you want it more than anyone else. :D

schenker

I'm not known for being annoying so you should be fine with me....random kissing is not a usual trait either, but if that happened when I just got the job imagine what will happen when I pass my drivers test?! Pucker up :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Good Luck but you wont need it if you study and do the very best you can in the assessment. If when I came out of doing the tests that I truley believed I couldn't have done any better then I was happy even if I didn't pass.

You'll sweat and your heart will pulse throughout but thats how you knoe you want it more than anyone else. :D

Thank you! We'll I'm going to give it all I've got it will be be a dream job if I get it, If dont pass I know I've tried my best and I'll work out where I went wrong and try again.

Sorry for thread jacking Lol <D

new driver

Was going to be starting with you in may polls but they offered me sooner start date for new cross. Its a killer waiting for this date to come up.

Polls

Was going to be starting with you in may polls but they offered me sooner start date for new cross. Its a killer waiting for this date to come up.

Oh really?! When do you start then? I cant bare to be still sitting at this god forsaken desk in this god forsaken office, fleecing people of thier hard earned money day to day. May is Sooooo far away! x

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Congratulations and welcome to the rest of your life!

Prepare to become all too familiar with times of the morning that you didn't know existed!

Status
Not open for further replies.