• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If RailUKforums was a train would it be PRM/TSI compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazthomas

Established Member
I was just thinking there is very little diversity of contrast on the website, lots of grey, whether text boxes or buttons. A bit like not having contrasting doors or buttons on a train!

So just for a bit of fun, if RailUKforums was a train, for example an EMU would it be PRM/TSI compliant?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam Williams

Established Member
Not if we assume WCAG 2.0 compliance to correspond 1-1 with PRM-TSI compliance :lol:

I suspect a lot of it is XenForo's fault, though..

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
No. This forum is clearly a class 142 in disguise! :lol:

(Only kidding, Mods! Quite liking the updated layout, but it's taking a bit of getting used to!)

Andy Pacer

Established Member
In some ways it feels a bit more fiddly on a smartphone but maybe that just takes some getting used to.
Where is the strike through button? I could see it clear as day on my PC but cant find it when mobile.

ABB125

Established Member
The absolutely essential modification needed to pass ABB125 compliance regulations is the return of the forum jump function at the top and bottom of the page. :):) Other than that (and page numbers!) it seems fairly compliant to me.

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
As I understand it, to be PRM-TSI compliant the PIS has to have a certain font size. The Fonts have been made smaller on the recent forum update as far as I can see so I would say no the forum is not compliant!

Last edited:

Iskra

Established Member
In some ways it feels a bit more fiddly on a smartphone but maybe that just takes some getting used to.
Where is the strike through button? I could see it clear as day on my PC but cant find it when mobile.

I think it works a lot better now on mobiles (visually) :)

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I think it works a lot better now on mobiles (visually) :)
It seems to fit better, I'm just puzzled by where the strike through button is, and it's now harder to navigate between pages in long threads but all change takes some getting used to.

TheEdge

Established Member
It looks a lot busier on a mobile which I think makes the font look smaller

Ashley Hill

Established Member
It's not very friendly on older phones like mine. I can rarely see what I'm typing until Ive finished and on quizzes that can be too late! Also despite the advice above I cannot find strike though. Tapping where described above gives me a colour chart.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
On my phone the formatting options are all disabled

I suppose that we will all have to be patient and take heed of what @Mojo said in his thread in the Forum Announcements about NOT contacting the website at this time as the forum staff wanted to make an early launch to enable website members to keep making postings but noting they knew there were still matters waiting to be resolved. He went on to add he would shortly be making more information available and at that time, posting queries could then be made to the website staff, who, should we all forget, are volunteers in their posts.

Domh245

Established Member
you could always just do it the old fashioned way with [ s] and [ /s]
(No spaces)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just click the cog / wheel symbol to activate the formatting toolbar. It’s a personal preference.

Domh245

Established Member
It doesn't solve the issue of the strikethrough button being missing though. Another potential workaround other than manually formatting it, would be to switch your phone to landscape mode, as the wider screen allows it to reappear (and by the same virtue, when on desktop if you make the window too narrow it disappears, along with the draft controls and a few others)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Strikethrough button is there, just not visible on teeny tiny screens. Just rotate your phone and it will appear if it’s big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.