• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm a Celebrity - Leave Them there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

district

Whats the name of the utterly vile man who does the horse racing and looks like mashed potato in a latex glove?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
1. Katie Price (hence the Daily Star would be out of business, kill two birds with one stone :p)
2. Harriet Harperson (Miliband isn't so bad, but I can't stand her)
3. Ed Balls
4. Anything and everything from the X Factor
5. Russel Brand (I mean, Russel Brand, doesn't that sound like some sort of electric kettle?)
6. Wayne Rooney (don't get me started....)

Hydro

Established Member
Katie Price
Kerry Katona
Bruce Forsyth
Noel Edmonds
Anne Robinson
Shane Ritchie
Every T4 presenter ever hired
Kirsty Allsop
Every member of The Only Way Is Essex
Every member of Made in Chelsea
Donal McIntyre
Vernon Kaye
Derren Brown
Chris Moyles
Derek Acorah
Natasha Kaplinsky (you're a f*cking newsreader, get over yourself)
Heather Mills
Chantelle Houghton
Michael McIntyre
Alan Carr
Jodie Marsh
Peter Andre
One Direction (I've actually no idea who they really are. I just saw them in the paper the other day and just thought they fit the bill perfectly for being abandoned in a remote jungle)
Lee Nelson

There's more, believe me, there's more.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Katie Price
Kerry Katona
Bruce Forsyth
Noel Edmonds
Anne Robinson
Shane Ritchie
Every T4 presenter ever hired
Kirsty Allsop
Every member of The Only Way Is Essex
Every member of Made in Chelsea
Donal McIntyre
Vernon Kaye
Derren Brown
Chris Moyles
Derek Acorah
Natasha Kaplinsky (you're a f*cking newsreader, get over yourself)
Heather Mills
Chantelle Houghton
Michael McIntyre
Alan Carr
Jodie Marsh
Peter Andre
One Direction (I've actually no idea who they really are. I just saw them in the paper the other day and just thought they fit the bill perfectly for being abandoned in a remote jungle)
Lee Nelson

There's more, believe me, there's more.

Basically anyone off the telly? :p :lol:

Hydro

Established Member
...and a few off the radio!

Billy Connolly once said that "The desire to be a politician should automatically bar you from being one". I'd like the same to apply to celebrities.

Politicians who become celebrities, and celebrities who become politicians (I'm looking at you Galloway and Kilroy-Silk) are a special case, and should be fired into the sun.

curly42

The words such as celebrity, diva and anthem have been cynically remoulded by the media and music marketing agencies to now mean nothing that would reflect their original usage in the English language.

You can add to that list the now over-used "hero" - quite often applied to anyone who's done what they are being paid to do.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Jeremy Kyle to add to the list, his show of a morning really gets on my nerves its so predictable. Another Frankie Boyle quote here "I'm waiting for the day when the DNA results come back and say 'I'm afraid your not the dad turns out your a rare breed of f*cking cabage'"

Ivo

Established Member
1. Katie Price (hence the Daily Star would be out of business, kill two birds with one stone :p)
2. Harriet Harperson (Miliband isn't so bad, but I can't stand her)
3. Ed Balls
4. Anything and everything from the X Factor
5. Russel Brand (I mean, Russel Brand, doesn't that sound like some sort of electric kettle?)
6. Wayne Rooney (don't get me started....)

Ah, my Tory friend, an excellent selection of morons. How I managed to forget the world's biggest [whatever-the-opposite-of-misogynist-is] is beyond me! And if you can do something to get rid of the other cheap tabloids by selecting a few other people that adorn that rubbish on a daily basis, all the better.

Also, I would like to add to the list everyone associated with the News of the World. Except those that flushed out their secrets about phone hacking and the like; they can be Clarkson's co-pilot and crew!

And yes, Russell Brand does sound like a kettle. Not surprising considering he's from Grays :roll:

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Well what the show should be called is I Once Was In The Public Spotlight But Now Want To Get Back In It So I Just Have To get Through The Show And I Am Famous Again!

People to stick in there forever:

1. Katie Price
2. Kerry Katona
3. Jodie Marsh
4. Any of the cast of TOWIE
5. Any of the cast of Glee
6. Me! (as some of you probably want ;))
7. Jade Goody's mom
8. Jedward
9. Anyone who has appeared in Big Brother
10. The Creator of Big Brother

I would have included Jade Goody on her own but, for obvious reason, we can't!

Ivo

Established Member
Speaking of famous people from Essex, is there anyone from my home county who is famous for a worthwhile reason? Everyone seems to be either based around BB-smut, controversial comedy (Russell Brand), or crime...

Genuine question, by the way. Is there anyone?

Actually, better still, can we send all of these idiots to Essex, give it independence, and then close its borders? That way they can be together in a humiliating location, Britain can be rid of the Essex stereotype - and I never have to go to Southend again! :D

HST Power

Established Member
Ah, my Tory friend, an excellent selection of morons. How I managed to forget the world's biggest [whatever-the-opposite-of-misogynist-is] is beyond me!

It certainly would be interesting to see what tactics politicians would result to escape the jungle and get back to freedom! :lol:

Good to have you back. :smile:

SS4

Established Member
Speaking of famous people from Essex, is there anyone from my home county who is famous for a worthwhile reason? Everyone seems to be either based around BB-smut, controversial comedy (Russell Brand), or crime...

Genuine question, by the way. Is there anyone?

Actually, better still, can we send all of these idiots to Essex, give it independence, and then close its borders? That way they can be together in a humiliating location, Britain can be rid of the Essex stereotype - and I never have to go to Southend again! :D

Martin Ackers (he of emergency bikers fame :lol:)

Ivo

Established Member
Your link doesn't work?

Even if it did,the vast majority would be idiots. And that includes those that apparently aren't, including that Countdown girl. Her brother was better at maths than her, and I was better than him! And I know that because I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM!

SS4

Established Member
Your link doesn't work?

I think that was the idea :lol:

Even if it did,the vast majority would be idiots. And that includes those that apparently aren't, including that Countdown girl. Her brother was better at maths than her, and I was better than him! And I know that because I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM!

Yes but I bet he doesn't look as good in a short skirt ::idea:

Ivo

Established Member
Yes but I bet he doesn't look as good in a short skirt ::idea:

I don't think I do either, before anyone tries that one on! :lol:

Come to think of it, I've thought of another category for useless Essex celebrities: Rubbish music. Like one of Busted; I forget his name.

And don't even start on the likes of that Lee Mead guy. I went to the same primary school and ever since roughly when I left - and especially since he won whatever it was he won (Joseph was it?) - it has been getting worse by the day.

EDIT: Have thought of a second good celebrity, but this person is often ridiculed! Was one Johnny Herbert not from Billericay?

Schnellzug

Established Member
Your link doesn't work?

I've no idea why it does that. Let's try it this way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_from_Essex

Bedpan

Established Member
Speaking of famous people from Essex, is there anyone from my home county who is famous for a worthwhile reason?

In my view those that responded "nobody" are being a bit unkind. Wat Tyler, leader of the Peasants' Revolt in 1381, was born there.

Ivo

Established Member
Still there... and now I know why. It is because the :P in "Category:People" gets converted into a smilie. So by disabling smilies in this post, I can reveal the real address:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_from_Essex

You'll get a few decent folk, especially from Saffron Walden and the surrounding area, but mostly losers (at best).

And in all farirness, the answer "nobody" is probably a bit harsh. I would suggest that one of the country's most important people in education history, R.A. Butler, was MP for Saffron Walden (easily the nicest town in Essex by the way) for over 35 years. So although he wasn't from Essex, his link is undeniable.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
TBF Essex is only really undesirable in the South West and across the South and South East, north of Shenfield and east of Harlow it actually gets quite nice.

Ivo

Established Member
TBF Essex is only really undesirable in the South West and across the South and South East, north of Shenfield and west of Harlow it actually gets quite nice.

I'm going to have to assume this is a mistake. West of Harlow? You sure?

As a general rule of thumb, the further from the water you are, the better. However, this doesn't hold entirely true; Burnham is quite nice and is on the Crouch, yet Harlow is undesirable. But the rule does hole true for the more rural areas towards Saffron Walden, and especially SW itself. On the other hand, you think that it gets worse towards the south-east, but in practice - as much as I hate to admit it - Southend is far from the worst part of Essex. Basildon is a class A hell-hole, whereas Jaywick (west of Clacton) is supposedly the most deprived settlement in England! (Link to a Guardian article revealing this)

Last edited:

Bedpan

Established Member
West of Harlow? That's Hertfordshire!! The county boundary is just outside the town.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member

West of Harlow? That's Hertfordshire!! The county boundary is just outside the town.

Post edited ;) - so fast it didn't even get recorded as an edit!

I stand by what I said though, bar places like Chelmsford, Witham and Braintree, North Essex is surprisingly rural - Blake Hall station on the old LUL Central line is built in the middle of a field!

Schnellzug

Established Member

As a general rule of thumb, the further from the water you are, the better. However, this doesn't hold entirely true; Burnham is quite nice and is on the Crouch, yet Harlow is undesirable. But the rule does hole true for the more rural areas towards Saffron Walden, and especially SW itself. On the other hand, you think that it gets worse towards the south-east, but in practice - as much as I hate to admit it - Southend is far from the worst part of Essex. Basildon is a class A hell-hole, whereas Jaywick (west of Clacton) is supposedly the most deprived settlement in England! (Link to a Guardian article revealing this)

But isn't Frinton supposed to be famously posh, or famously Conservative at any rate?

Ivo

Established Member
I concede; another example of the point. In fact, away from the Thames, the rule only really holds true for Clacton! But areas near the sea/river are usually no better than those on, which is why the stereoype tends to hold true.

Consider that though - Frinton is incredibly upmarket, whereas Jaywick is Britain's most deprived settlement. The two are less than ten miles apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.