• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inconsistent behaviour by FGW

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If none of the TVM's take cash then your appeal should have been upheld,

Precisely, if the passenger has a valid form of payment but it is not accepted at the origin station then the passenger has not had an opportunity to pay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shona

The A30 main road forms the bridge between the platforms. On each side you have to leave the station to access the steps. I estimate each staircase is approx. 25 steps. To walk to the other platform and back takes 3 to 4 minutes depending upon mobility and the slipperiness of the wooden steps.

The new ticket machine on the Reading platform certainly wasn't there on 13th June.

What the poster hasn't mentioned is whether they were PF'ed on the train, at the Excess Fares window at Reading or attempting to go through the barriers at Reading. This is key.

I was PF'ed at the excess fare window. I asked for a return ticket from Blackwater to Reading and was just asked to see the man over there....! He was quite intimidating even when i explained that there was no TM. Insisted that there was. I even began to doubt myself.

I was not getting out of the station without giving my details. Really did not think that this was going to be such a problem and that I was suppose to pay the fine and then appeal....!

Status
Not open for further replies.