• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Incorrect Info Duo Tickets Macclesfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Last Friday I was at Macclesfield ticket office and overheard one of the clerks telling someone that Northern Duo Tickets were only valid on Northern and if they wanted to travel by other train companies they would need 2 x Any Permitted tickets.

I had a look into it as I knew this was not correct and found that Duo Tickets are still route Any Permitted and no changes of validity were posted anywhere.

I suspect it might be a case of poor training and assumption by the clerk because of the name of the ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Last Friday I was at Macclesfield ticket office and overheard one of the clerks telling someone that Northern Duo Tickets were only valid on Northern and if they wanted to travel by other train companies they would need 2 x Any Permitted tickets.

I had a look into it as I knew this was not correct and found that Duo Tickets are still route Any Permitted and no changes of validity were posted anywhere.

I suspect it might be a case of poor training and assumption by the clerk because of the name of the ticket.
I suppose it is understandable that they would make the mistake, if they have not received proper training on the local ticket types. Nevertheless it is not good enough for customers to be charged more than what they needed to pay, because of poor training!

janb

Macclesfield - Manchester (a guess that might be the destination) has 2 different Duos, a Northern Only £11.10 and Any Permitted £15.10 so maybe that has sparked some confusion.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation

Apparently, you can't use Duo's on Virgin services but that did come from a Virgin TM sooo...

A Challenge

Established Member
Macclesfield - Manchester (a guess that might be the destination) has 2 different Duos, a Northern Only £11.10 and Any Permitted £15.10 so maybe that has sparked some confusion.
This is also true of Stockport and Stoke-on-Trent, the other two destinations you may do by other VTWC or NT.

It would be great if the TM could point out where exactly on the ticket it stated that restriction!
The existence of the NORTHERN ONLY ticket implies that the ANY PERMITTED is valid on other TOCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.