• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

rmt

Name: Rob
Lives: Doncaster
Job: Prison Service worker.
Transport Interests: Class 20's, HST Mileage and Heavyweight 37's
Something I could not live without: Beer.
Whats in my wallet: Bank Cards, £23.22, 4 train tickets and an East Midlands 7 day rover.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Badger

Name: Gary
Lives: Nottingham
Job: MS Train Sim Developer
Transport Interests: UK Railways (especially AC traction)
Favourite Traction: 89001 all the way!
Something I could not live without: My lungs?
Whats in my wallet: AC Loco Group member card, 125 Group member card, cashcard, tram ticket, lots of air

Mushroom

Name: Mark
Lives: Altrincham, Cheshire
Job: Student
Transport interests: British Rail, Metro's, Light Rail
Something I couldn't live without: Internet
Whats in my wallet: Nothing. I lost it somewhere on a 323 between Crewe and Manchester Picc

Boxcars

Name: Damon Cox.
Lives: TheGricer's house, Farnborough, Hants.
Job: Don't have one.
Transport Interests: British mainline railways and trains.
Something I could not live without: The love from my parents (had to add that for 'The Gricer' ;)).
Whats in my wallet: A few notes, a load of coppers, debit card, phone top-up card, out-of-date rail voucher, EKR membership card, out-of-date EPBPG card and a US dollar.

Happy Birthday !:occasion:

T

Tom

No that's not okay with Sir. You should have bought one at midnight. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
No that's not okay with Sir. You should have bought one at midnight. ;)
I never got round to getting one today either ;) Also it would have been pointless getting one at midnight when i wasn't officially 16 till 4:20ish PM ;) :lol: Would have had it for 16 hours without needing it ;)

Jim

Established Member
Name: Jim :shock:
What I hate about being 14: Having to get some i.d for child fares on the tube, I think, only 2 more years left of 1/2 fare on NR
What I like about being 14: Not much
Forum Members met: Tomnick, Jordy, Max, Yorkie, Tom, tubenutter, dennis, Mojo, Matt, Andrewmay, Ascot, Liam, Harold, 960012, Tom B, Memorex, T52 & many more!
Best Bus: Anything made by "bristol"
Worst Bus: Anything newer than a 51 plate
Best trains: 31, 33, 37, 20, 40, 47, 50, 60, 73, 442, slammers & addmitadly I have a soft spot for a 465 every now & again
Worst trains: 319's, 317's & most other things not mentioned ^
Worst forum member met: Lets not go there:walk: ;)

Lesjordans

Name: Jordan
Lives: Glasgow
Transport interests: 156,158,170,318,334
Something I couldn't live without: Nutri-Grain bars :P
Whats in my wallet: Nothing at all

DJC_158

well as i have only just registered i thought i had better introduce myself-

my name is Dan and i have had an interest in transport for many years.

i have been browsing the forums for a while and look forward to learning new information from the people on the forum.

my main interest is in rail and like most units and locos, however my favourite unit being the Class 158.

other than the railway i also have an interest in air travel and hope to learn more about all aspects of transportation.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Name: Jonathan Lewis
Lives: Reading
Interests: 'Classic Traction' any form of Classic British loco, Railway photography, Railroads of Western USA and in general any scenic Railway lines...
Hates: Big-headed people, Pendos, Voyagers, any form of modern plastic, units, First Great Western

M

Mrs Trellis

Hello all!

My name is Mrs Trellis from North Wales. I send in many letters to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue but they are never featured on the show. My transcriptor who writes the show down for me is very handy because I am severely deaf.

Toodle pip!

Death

Established Member
Hail All! <D
Well, I was introduced to this forum last night by DarkAvenger38 and signed up as soon as he showed it me! Anyway...Here's my bio:

Name: Colin Blanchard
Board Username: Death
Usernames used online: Death, Brother Death, DieselDragon
Job: Unemployed
Previous Jobs: Burger King, Refuse collection, Supermarkets, Banks, and LuL.

Interests: Heavy/Black/Death Metal, Extreme vehicle engineering, Road and rail travel, Computing.
Favourite Bands: BAL-SAGOTH, Amon Amarth, Emperor, Kreator, Blind Guardian, Moonsorrow.
Could not live without: Heavy/Black/Death Metal, Speeds in excess of 300mph, Decent sanitation, Young Persons Railcard.
Could easily live without: Chavs, Some modern technology, Television, Love of Money, Class 455s.

Transport Interests: Rail (All forms), Maglev, Buses, Coaches, HGVs, Diesel-powered jet aircraft(!),
Local Buses: 1, 2, 3, 4/5, 6, 7, 56, 700. All Stagecoach Surrey & Hants.
Local Stations: Farnborough (Main), Blackwater, Frimley.
Special things in your area: Mid-Hants Railway (About 15 miles away).
Typical stock seen at Farnborough: 158, 159, 170, 411, 442, 444, 450, 9xx
Unusual stock seen at Farnborough: 254, 455, 458. Apparently we even had a 370 down here once! :eek:

Most favourite stock, and why?
157/8/9 - I've nicknamed these "(Diesel) Dragons" for a very good reason...Not only do they roar like one when they move off or accellerate, but there's a certain gr1mness to them that I can't quite describe, but it's there! <D
254 (HST) - For similar reasons as per Class 157/8/9.
370 - Worlds first ever tilting train. Also capable of accellerating to and stopping from 175mph in less space than a Class 50 needs for 75mph. One of BR's greatest...'Nuff said! 8)
442 - Although I'm not nearly as big a fan of electric traction as I am of Diesel, the 442s have quite some grunt in them as far as accelleration goes. There's a good reason though why I've nicknamed these "Banshees" too... ;)
Least favourite stock, and why?
455 - Bad experience in the past involving the last service of the night (Direct) to Waterloo from Woking. Won't go into details, but there was one point where I had to make cautious yet ingenious use of a discarded drinks bottle... :eek:
458 - These may be comfortable, but if SWT won't trust them, neither will I... :|
What's in my wallet:
Home-compiled timetable for the no. 2 bus. (Based on the German HHA bus timetable layout.)
Clean car driving licence and copy of insurance certificate.
Well worn SWT ticket wallet, containing:
Hampshire Farepass (Bus pass),
Young Persons Railcard with ancient photocard - Issued back in 1998CR or thereabouts..,
LT pre-pay Oyster card with about £6.50 left on it,
Small collection of used tickets that I havn't got around to disposing of as yet! :p
About £2.35 in loose change,
Two major supermarket loyalty cards,
Expired Tussauds Group (Thorpe Park, Alton Towers etc.) season pass,
Slimelight nichtclub membership card,
Old Portman Group proof of age card - Issued back in 1999CR.
Two bank ATM/Debit cards - No funds behind either though! :(

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Coxster

Established Member
Hi Colin/Death!

I live in Farnborough, Hants too. Whereabouts do you live? I live on the Medway Drive/Sunnybank estate near the motorway.

Coxster

Established Member
*fetches knife and A-Z of Farnborough* ;)
Gonna bring "Death" eh? ;) Anyway, there are loads of roads on the estate - only two people here know which one I live down (well, one does - the other drove right passed it, eh Slash? :lol:).

Hi guys and gals!

My interest in trains started when I was very young with Thomas The Tank Engine I guess. ;) I maintain an interest to this day and enjoy reading about the machines. The concept of travel is also of great interest to me.

This community seems very pleasant, that was my main thrust for joining. I hope to be able to contribute if I can, but I may be a little out of my depth with all you experts! :D

Death

Established Member
Hi Colin/Death!

I live in Farnborough, Hants too. Whereabouts do you live? I live on the Medway Drive/Sunnybank estate near the motorway.
Hi Damon! <D
I'm pretty much over the "road" from you as it happens...I'm in Pinewood Park, North of the M3 and on the worst part of the Nr. 2 bus route! :)

Not too bad where we are is it? We're only 30 minutes walk from both the North Downs and Southampton Main lines...And you're close enough to hear the roar/scream of any passing 159/442 respectively. :)

Best thing about it though if you ask me is the fact that when/if the UK Transrapid network is built, the Southampton line will probabally follow the path of the M3, meaning that we'll both be less than five minutes walk from Farnboroughs' Transrapid station which will almost certainly be built next to Medway Drive! :headbang:

If you're up for going for a beer or whatever though, feel free to PM me! :beer:

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

WhiteVanMan

Name: Stewart
Job: Announcer
Interests: Trucks and some aspects of the railway
Favourite Classes: 33 and 73
Something I could not live without: My car
What’s in my wallet: £15, receipts, bank card, driving licence, NI number, Orange mbile top up card.

Respite

Name: Shane
Lives: South staffordshire
Job: Train driver with Arriva Trains Wales
Interests: Apart from trains.....Motorbikes (own a fireblade),80's hot hatches & Jeeps.
On the train side-47/0's,37's,47/3's,50's,47/4's,56's,47/7's,60's & all other 47's!
Hates: Chav's,most of modern society & it's TV based lifestyle morals, Branson for introducing crappy plastic trains with no room whats so ever & then grinning in photo's all the while, FGW for trying to copy bransons toy train company,being regulated behind virgin tat on lines that I can do the same speed as them & call at the same stations as them & then making me as late as they are!

Grrr...think I've vented some anger out there :angry5: :blob5:

h.g.wells

Name: Mike
Lives: Formerly Lake, Isle of Wight. Now Formby near Liverpool
Job: Student studying for a degree in Criminology
Transport Interests: The West Highland Line
Favourite TOP: DRS
Favourite Classes: 37, 40, 56
Something I could not live without: my car
Whats in my wallet: very little money (after paying off that library fine yesterday!), drivers license, Ni Card, bank card, library card, phone top up card, Cafe Nero card - only need 2 more stamps and I get a free drink!!