• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

Michael.Y

Established Member
Accidently started a thread in the wrong place to introduce myself, so ill reiterate and apologise for the inconvenience...

Anyway, on here, and some other forums, I am known as "34072", after my favourite Steam Locomotive, Bulleid "Battle of Britain" Class 4-6-2 No 34072 "257 Squadron". God knows why I Idolise this machine...

Otherwise, I am known as Dark DJ, or just "Dark", which I personally prefer...

Anyways, I am very interested in the UK Heritage Scene, as well as the history of our railways! I am currently producing a web series on Youtube entitled "The Dark Railway Series", which I might post about at a later date!

Hoping you are all well, and looking forward to being part of the community.

Hello DarkDJ -- do you mean live DJing or broadcast?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Never did one of these but may as well.
Name:150222
Lives: Near Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Job: School.
Transport Interests: Trains and cars.
Favourite TOC's: East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Chiltern railways, South West Trains.
Least favorite TOC's: First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Scotrail.
Favourite Classes:
Diesel locos:43 HST, 47, 67.
Electric locos:86, 90, 91.
DMU's: 142, 150 (Clearly!), 185.
EMU's (AC): 321, 333, 357.
EMU's (DC): 444, 456, 465.
Special things in your area: Todmorden viaduct.
Something I could not live without: The railways obviously! :)
Whats in my wallet: Nothing much. :)

chris89

Established Member
Accidently started a thread in the wrong place to introduce myself, so ill reiterate and apologise for the inconvenience...

Anyway, on here, and some other forums, I am known as "34072", after my favourite Steam Locomotive, Bulleid "Battle of Britain" Class 4-6-2 No 34072 "257 Squadron". God knows why I Idolise this machine...

Otherwise, I am known as Dark DJ, or just "Dark", which I personally prefer...

Anyways, I am very interested in the UK Heritage Scene, as well as the history of our railways! I am currently producing a web series on Youtube entitled "The Dark Railway Series", which I might post about at a later date!

Hoping you are all well, and looking forward to being part of the community.

Welcome to the forums Dark. Reconise the Avatar and the username from UKTS. Im (220389)

Chris

S Stock

Name: Tom
Lives: Uxbridge, London
Job: Graduate Investment Banker at Santander - based in City/Milton Keynes/Northampton
Interests: Football - Liverpool fan! Cricket too, and economics, politics etc.
Transport Interests: London Underground, but the entire rail network in general, especially on the WCML.
Something I could not live without: friends

Favoured Classes: Definitely HSTs, and I have a soft spot for Pendolino's, even if everyone else does hate them! S Stock, if we're counting LUL.
Hated Classes: Class 220, 221, 222 etc - horrid things!

emorris

Name: E. Morris
Lives: Sheffield
Job: Student
Transport Interests: Trains, trams, planes
Something I could not live without: Air, water, food, clothing, shelter
Whats in my wallet: Shrapnel, some cheque I should have paid in a long time ago, various pieces of plastic and card including driving license, student card, blood donor card, organ donor card.

Last edited:

JWarren

Name: Jake
Lives: Limpley Stoke
Job: Student and Blogger
Transport Interests: Interest increases proportionally with the number of wheels.
Something I could not live without: Sarcasm
Whats in my wallet: Too many used train tickets.

Leets

Name: Elita
Job: Student/ Part time F&B host at Alton Towers
Interests: Stoke City, science related things, indie/ alternative and rock music
Favourite TOC: East Midlands Trains (although not the Derby to Crewe train at rush hour when they only put one carriage on! :-x)
Things I couldn't live without: Family, my boyfriend, close friends, ribena, my iPhone
What's in my purse: £5 and some change, reciepts, many used train tickets, photo of me and my best friend, the usual assortment of cards etc.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Thought I should finally post here :)
My interest comes mainly through spending too time on trains! (travelling between home and uni, travelling to see Cardiff City games and travelling to see my girlfriend).
Name: Marc
Lives: Bath / Rhondda
Job: Student. Soon to be Software Developer in August 2012.
Transport Interests: Whatever gets me from A-B.
Favourite class: Anything that isn't a pacer.
Something I could not live without: My laptop, my girlfriend, Cardiff City.
Whats in my wallet: Not much money, debit card, drivers license, Cardiff City season ticket.

EXD

Hello all, I've been browsing on here for a while, but I thought I'd finally take the plunge and register.

Name: ---
Interests: Railways (of course!), science, computers, cartography (though that's not to say I know anything about them)
Favourite Classes: HSTs, Pacers and Sprinters, although I'm realy not too fussy.
What's in my wallet: A smart card and some notes and coins.

seiryuu

I'm very much looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Name: Nathan

Lives: London

Job: Ticket office clerk for South West Trains - pending my medical tomorrow and good references!

Transport Interests: The railway, SWT and London Underground in particular. Planes (I'm considering having a go at gliding).

Something I could not live without: The Internet, friends, and TV.

Whats in my wallet: *in order of appearance*
  • My current debit card
  • My 16-25 railcard
  • My provisional driving license
  • My gym card
  • My expired debit card
  • a return ticket from clapham junction
  • My green card (for rock climbing at the gym)
  • My library card
  • My rileys membership card
  • My union membership card
  • My subway card.

So all in all a fair few things..:roll: Sadly my wallet had no money in it though.

Woodburner

What a great forum, thought I should join.

Name: Arttu
Location: Finland, 20 km south of Tampere, 150 metres from the south-north main line
Lives: in an old State Railway workers' house, built 1899
Interests: Railway history, building renovation, military vehicles
Couldn't live without: oil in my hands, saw dust in my slowly vanishing hair
In my wallet: not much, stamps, pizza passport and the smell of long-gone money

Requeststop

Name: Stephen
Home: Bangkok Thailand
Originally From: West Penwith - Cornwall
Transport Interests: Railways - ever since I can remember. Collection and studying Railway maps
In my wallet: Cards galore and Moths. Thai Buddist prayer cloth, and small amounts of various curriencies. Piece of paper to totally confuse the local Inspector Plod of wherever I might meet my unfortuante demise that says "Matthew 27v5 and Luke 10v37"
Somethings I could not live without: Air: Bacardi, Sausages, The love of the one who is so special to me, Radio 4, Cornwall.
What would I like to happen during the rest of my life?:

1. Proper world peace and harmony and understanding:
2. Science to stop trying to prolong life on a planet that cannot sustain itself nor feed itself properly:
3. To win a real biggie on the lottery, so I can make my life comfortable, the life of my special one comfortable, and do a lot with the rest for people who deserve a helping hand. I'm not too fussy about how much, but please Lord, make it sooner rather than later in what remains of my life.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Name: Alex
lives:ellesmere port
Job:schoolboy, ATC cadet 1st class
Transport Interests: all trains all planes and routemasters
Something I could not live without: xbox
Whats in my wallet: merseyrail trio pass bus ticket tenner fiver in coins rail ticket from capenhurst-spital oyster card picture of me lots of london underground tickets school libary card normal libary card debit card bite card and maccies hot drink offer thingy

Norman

Name: Bob
Lives: In a student flat
Interests: Football, beer, trains, rugby
Couldn't live without: Money, pizza, beer
In my wallet: Not much money, credit/debit cards, driving licence, old lottery ticket, bite card, 16-25 card....blah blah the usual boring stuff.

Name: Andy
Job: Full-time education
Transport Interests: Cars and trains
Something I could not live without: My laptop, my iPod or my phone.
Whats in my wallet: Money, my Oyster card (which is somewhat strange since I live over 250 miles away from London), and some loyalty cards for various gaming shops.

CC 72100

Established Member
Never did one of these when I signed up about a month ago, so here goes..

Name: Adam
Lives: Forest of Dean, and Exeter (term-time)
Job: Student at Exeter Uni
Transport Interests: The obvious, with a particular focus on HSTs, loco-hauled and an extreme dislike of Voyagers and 150/1s
Something I could not live without: My iphone
Whats in my wallet: Used train tickets from yesterday, Unicard, railcard, money, door key

Davidj1178

Name: David
Lives: Glasgow
Job: Currently NHS Admin, soon to be CSA Network Rail
Whats in my wallet: The awful stench of poverty.

motherwell334

Hi everyone, Ive been a member on here for ages but never introduced myself so here goes::

Name: George
Lives: Motherwell
Job: Ticket Examiner on the North Clyde Route
Transport Interests: 37s,66,s slammers
Something I could not live without: My Blackberrys
Whats in my wallet: Staff passes,PTS card, Bank Cards

Clip

Established Member
[
Name: Clip
Lives: London
Job: Group Station Manager
Transport Interests: erm, trains a little and the DLR
Something I could not live without: Me records
Whats in my wallet: Staff Oyster card(nominee) bank card , Priv a fiver and my now run out PTS card for some reason, packet of green rizla(smalls)

dvboy

Established Member
Name: Lee
Lives: Wolverhampton
Job: can't say but not rail related
Transport Interests: how the service operates more than trains themselves
Something I could not live without: formula 1
Whats in my wallet: Debit card, too many loyalty cards, bite card, EHIC, two 2nd class stamps, €30, £2 in RTV, £10 M&S voucher, bank mini-statement print

Been posting for a few months, but mostly in the first two forums and not much elsewhere, thought I'd say hello.

Commute Wolves to Birmingham daily and get away as many weekends as I can usually to the south east.

Last edited:

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Name: Gary
Lives: Gateshead
Job: Train Conductor
Transport Interests: foreign railways, modern traction, slammers, railtours, bashing, photography
Something I could not live without: my Wife
Whats in my wallet: wallet 1)HSBC personal and joint account cards, love to shop gift card, costa card, ikea family card, mine and wifes phone top up cards, coffee collector cards for McDonalds, greggs,caffe nero (x2), pumpkin, upper crust,caffe ritazza, java bar expresso & tesco, nandos loyalty card, gateshead vrs darlington match ticket, libary card, waitrose recipt, sunderland afc match recipt, no57 barber shop loyalty card, perscription, £2.99 cash.
wallet 2) used priv sgl darlington - newcastle, used priv euro std single london to newcastle, debenhams gift card, hmv gift card, photo of the wife and i, 2 expired credit cards (to remind oneself never to get one again!), blank ticket, (bloody hell) priv all line rover from last year, rmt membership card, passenger train staff authority to travel card, toc priv card, company specific boxes, rail staff id card, staff travel pass, chinese sim card, journey itinery from 2010, 2 dockets from 2010, scrap of paper, btp info card, former collegues email details, atm recipt, chinese coach ticket, enfield lock to zones 1-6 day travelcard from 2010, lost propety recipt, another used priv euro single from london to newcastle, oyster card, underground single from paddington, another no57 barbers loyalty card, used priv euro standard single from newcastle to london, go north east key card, pri return london to ashford international from 2010, stone roses bar priviledge card, railway pension scheme membership card, pts card & scwid card

Davidj1178

Name: Gary
Lives: Gateshead
Job: Train Conductor
Transport Interests: foreign railways, modern traction, slammers, railtours, bashing, photography
Something I could not live without: my Wife
Whats in my wallet: wallet 1)HSBC personal and joint account cards, love to shop gift card, costa card, ikea family card, mine and wifes phone top up cards, coffee collector cards for McDonalds, greggs,caffe nero (x2), pumpkin, upper crust,caffe ritazza, java bar expresso & tesco, nandos loyalty card, gateshead vrs darlington match ticket, libary card, waitrose recipt, sunderland afc match recipt, no57 barber shop loyalty card, perscription, £2.99 cash.
wallet 2) used priv sgl darlington - newcastle, used priv euro std single london to newcastle, debenhams gift card, hmv gift card, photo of the wife and i, 2 expired credit cards (to remind oneself never to get one again!), blank ticket, (bloody hell) priv all line rover from last year, rmt membership card, passenger train staff authority to travel card, toc priv card, company specific boxes, rail staff id card, staff travel pass, chinese sim card, journey itinery from 2010, 2 dockets from 2010, scrap of paper, btp info card, former collegues email details, atm recipt, chinese coach ticket, enfield lock to zones 1-6 day travelcard from 2010, lost propety recipt, another used priv euro single from london to newcastle, oyster card, underground single from paddington, another no57 barbers loyalty card, used priv euro standard single from newcastle to london, go north east key card, pri return london to ashford international from 2010, stone roses bar priviledge card, railway pension scheme membership card, pts card & scwid card

jeezo, how big are your pockets??

AddledStudent

Name: Cameron
Lives: Wetherby
Job: unemployed, seeking engineering or scientific work
Transport Interests: old cars, old bikes, old trains, old 'planes.
Something I could not live without: air
Whats in my wallet: receipts, plastic cards and a little money.

Other: I'm not currently working having been made redundant from my job as a forensic scientist a wee while ago, but am studying engineering with the Open University. I used to live within listening distance of the West Highland Line, and regularly listened to the sounds of 37s chugging past when I lay awake in bed at night.

I'm doing my final year project on contact fatigue in rails (it'll probably morph into a study of guage corner cracking) because I want to understand steel better - what area of the forum would be best to ask questions about this in?

Lrd

Established Member
I'm doing my final year project on contact fatigue in rails (it'll probably morph into a study of guage corner cracking) because I want to understand steel better - what area of the forum would be best to ask questions about this in?
Welcome to the forums! You want the Infrastructure forum, which is in the National Rail area. Hope you enjoy your time here.