• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverclyde line

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
Can someone tell me why the all stopping train uses newest stock, while the fast limited stop service uses the much older stock?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Christmas

It's a bit of both really but the 314s are preferred on the fast services owing to the lack of toilets. If people aren't on them for as long then they have less to complain about.
It won't matter shortly when the ramaining 380s are shifted over to Queen Street and all Inverclyde services are operated by older stock, be it 314, 318 or 320.

gingertom

Established Member
with the 314s about to be retired and 385s on order to replace them on the Cathcart circle do we know what the plans are for Inverclyde?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
with the 314s about to be retired and 385s on order to replace them on the Cathcart circle do we know what the plans are for Inverclyde?

As far as I'm aware the plan is for 380s to operate all the Inverclyde services once the 385s are in service on the E-G and Cathcart lines.

sannox

Are any 318s and 320s doing any Inverclyde services now?

Yes, although it can seem a bit variable as to when. 320s seem more common than 318s, although I think it was a 318 that did a football special on Jan 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.