• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jacobite Validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I see they are now. And with absolutely nothing warning anyone that they do not accept normal tickets. A worrying trend.

I'm not against them being in there but it should be made very clear what the ticketing situation is.

The thing is, NYMR is actually classed as a TOC now. Northern Rail accept our tickets, but if I'm being honest, I'm not 100% sure on what the situation is regarding us accepting NR tickets, because I don't know whether we get any ORCATS revenue from them. I believe there are some through National Rail tickets to Pickering which we do accept, but I believe between Grosmont and Whitby we have to charge a supplement - what this supplement is to be honest, I'm not sure. It's never come up before.

Go abroad (for example in Germany, Czecho and Switzerland) and you will find the National Timetable has details of many private operators, all of whom only accept their own tickets. I've never found any note which says this.

But how can this apply? Perhaps its the norm over there, but how are passengers supposed to know here?

And from what I can see, our services to Whitby are still not listed in the NT timetable anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.