• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

JMB Travel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mb88

Do any of the JMB ex Lothian deckers still run in service?
No. They were only used for a very short time on the 41 but there was an issue with tree branches on the route.

Huge number of cancellations on the 56 today, and yet they are managing to run a full service on the 41. Funny that. Perhaps if JMB treated their drivers a bit better and paid them a decent wage some might actually stay for longer than 5 minutes.

Attachments

• 3AB7BDDF-158C-4F26-B4A4-1C052CAF1B99.png
    3AB7BDDF-158C-4F26-B4A4-1C052CAF1B99.png
    646.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Scotrail88

Any evidence of
JMB Travel, Newmains, are getting 9 new MCV Evora Volvos for the 41 Lanark to Hamilton service early in the new year. They're like those that Whitelaw's coaches have just got and I must say I prefer them to the Enviros. The drivers on the 41 are looking forward to them arriving as well. The 5 Enviros that are on the 41 are going on the 56 Shotts to North Motherwell Service.
Any up date on these?

not seen any pictures or mention of these anywhere.

AlexanderPS

Some reductions from the 5th

Service Changes - from 5th January 2022

Yesterday Mon 3rd Jan 2022
From Wednesday 5th January 2022, we are making some changes to our services, so we can remain as reliable as possible for our customers. Due to the current wave of Omicron Covid-19 cases, we are experiencing a higher than normal level of staff absences.
These changes are only temporary reductions and as soon as we are able to, we will increase our timetables back to their former frequencies. We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of these changes.
The following changes will take effect from Wednesday 5th January 2022, full timetables are available at the bottom of this page.
Service 41 - Lanark to Hamilton
  • Mondays to Fridays - Reduced from every 15 minutes to every 20 minutes
  • Saturdays - Continues to operate every 30 minutes
Service 47 - Carluke Local
  • Mondays to Fridays - Suspended, Service 47 will not run on Mondays to Fridays.
  • Saturdays - Will run a normal timetable
Service 56 - Shotts to North Motherwell
  • Mondays to Fridays - Reduced from every 15 minutes to every 20 minutes
  • Saturdays - Continues to operate every 30 minutes

mb88

Indeed. And despite this reduced timetable they are still posting a long list of cancellations each day.

DC21

Are JMB still taking over the Ballantyne route 5 from Motherwell to Bellshill from tomorrow, 17th Jan? Not seen anything on social media etc. If they are, i presume it'll be an optare Solo they have on the route?

Are JMB still taking over the Ballantyne route 5 from Motherwell to Bellshill from tomorrow, 17th Jan? Not seen anything on social media etc. If they are, i presume it'll be an optare Solo they have on the route?
Yes Ballantyne already have a JMB solo running on it an old Stagecoach Solo SV55 BZY, Service is back to every 30 minutes tomorrow as well so will have 2 buses operating it I would imagine.

mb88

There was one of the SV55xxx Darts tracking on the Bally Bus today. Although I’d imagine it’s been a swap of ticket machine to one of the solos rather than a Dart actually running on it.

Scotrail88

I know I’ve asked before but is there anymore confirmation or sightings of the alleged new buses??

mb88

I know I’ve asked before but is there anymore confirmation or sightings of the alleged new buses??
It’s not alleged at all. I know several people who work at JMB Travel in various capacities, and have worked there myself. There are new buses on order. No confirmation of a delivery date yet but we will know in due course I’m sure.

Scotrail88

It’s not alleged at all. I know several people who work at JMB Travel in various capacities, and have worked there myself. There are new buses on order. No confirmation of a delivery date yet but we will know in due course I’m sure.
Thanks

just previous comments mentioned Jan delivery so would have thought some pics of assembly at least might have been about.

Bearbus

I have just been told by my good reliable friend that tonight he saw one of the new JMB Travel MCV Evora Volvos travelling northbound on the M74. He says the livery looks very smart indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just been told by my good reliable friend that tonight he saw one of the new JMB Travel MCV Evora Volvos travelling northbound on the M74. He says the livery looks very smart indeed.
I saw three Evoras heading north on A74M on Thursday lunchtime. Looked like JMB Travel livery based on the old Lothian curves.

Carluke Bus

I was speaking to one of the JMB Travel duty managers yesterday in Lanark. He was out driving the 41 and he was telling all about the new buses.

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahDFIG

Considering these were spotted a week ago and no pics have surfaced, I personally find strange. From what I have heard, they ain't at the depot ..

I saw one going north on the M74 last Friday, I assume it was for JMB going by the base livery (see image).
Considering these were spotted a week ago and no pics have surfaced, I personally find strange. From what I have heard, they ain't at the depot ..
Where do they go to get the branding applied? They could be off somewhere for that.

Image shows the rear and side of an unbranded green and grey single-deck bus, travelling on a motorway. Image was taken 1510hrs 25 February 2022.

Attachments

• 20220225_151024.jpg
    20220225_151024.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98

SarahDFIG

I saw one going north on the M74 last Friday, I assume it was for JMB going by the base livery (see image).

Where do they go to get the branding applied? They could be off somewhere for that.

Image shows the rear and side of an unbranded green and grey single-deck bus, travelling on a motorway. Image was taken 1510hrs 25 February 2022.
Not sure where they get branded. Yeah that's 100% JMB's. Shouldn't be long before they appear stickered up.

Scotrail88

Certainly looks like for JMB
Hopefully pressed into service quickly

Could be at VOLVO at Cardonald for pre delivery checks

ClydeCoaster

SJ22GZU was at Volvo Cardonald today, gull JMB vinyls and basic route 41 branding toward the rear.