• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

JMB Travel

41 changing in August again

J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Lanark Interchange to Hamilton Bus Station via Carluke Wishaw Motherwell

Service number: 41 ()

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 20 Aug 2019

Apparently going to run every 10 mins along with the 56

It’s not according to traveline it will be reduced to every 15 minutes Mondays to Fridays and every 20 minutes on Saturdays

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

smtglasgow

True – the 41 must be JMB’s best run by some distance. But they’ve got the route to themselves beyond Wishaw (if you exclude Stuarts 240X), so it probably makes sense to go back to the ‘traditional’ 15 min service. I’m guessing we’ll see them trim back the 56 as well now that First have reduced the 266 – as far as I can see JMB’s main trick is to stick a bus right in front of First, so they’ll want to be matching the 266.

lastbus

True – the 41 must be JMB’s best run by some distance. But they’ve got the route to themselves beyond Wishaw (if you exclude Stuarts 240X), so it probably makes sense to go back to the ‘traditional’ 15 min service. I’m guessing we’ll see them trim back the 56 as well now that First have reduced the 266 – as far as I can see JMB’s main trick is to stick a bus right in front of First, so they’ll want to be matching the 266.
After taking the 240 off I didn’t think they would cut the 41 if anything I thought they would’ve looked to improve it.

SarahDFIG

After taking the 240 off I didn’t think they would cut the 41 if anything I thought they would’ve looked to improve it.
Defo more capacity required on the 41. Packed like sardines during college/school times.

overthewater

Established Member
It still has 12min freq at morning school times. However it seems new timetables have not been printed.

overthewater

Established Member
I'll say: what does that have to do with the price of fish? website isn't printed either.

SarahDFIG

Have heard JMB have 4 E200 on order .. Just wondering if any truth behind it or not. If so guessing its for the 41 service?

Edit: Not sure if mmc's or older E200s.

Last edited:

AlexanderPS

PM1087164/14 Cancelled
J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: 101 Main Street, Bogside, Newmains to 101 Main Street, Bogside, Newmains

Service number: 900 (800, M15)

Service type: Dial-a-ride

Effective date: 29 Mar 2020

lastbus

How do JMB get away with never operating the registered route to the terminus in shotts? I’ve yet to see one of their buses go the full route in shotts.

AlexanderPS

Wonder if this will result in a day time subsidy for the 211? Only between Airdrie and Calderbank though.

PM1137873/1 Cancelled
MCCREADIE'S COACHES LTD

Route: Park Road Calderbank to Park Road Calderbank via Cairnhill, Airdrie, Monklands Hospital, Coatdyke

Service number: 01

Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping

Effective date: 05 Apr 2020

overthewater

Established Member
What they should do is combine it with 248 and just make 211 full service to motherwell again.

Robert cusick

What they should do is combine it with 248 and just make 211 full service to motherwell again.
JMB don’t run the daytime 248 service Stuarts do and operates to Wishaw via Chapelhall and Newarthill every 3 hours and doesn’t go near Motherwell (Monday to Friday only)

The McGill’s 248 evening Monday to Saturday service is hourly from Holytown to Wishaw General only

Although the Stuarts No. 44 service from Carluke to Kilsyth via Airdrie maybe will be the same as JMB’s 211 from Motherwell to Airdrie

I think it would be stupid if they copied First’s 201 service between Motherwell to Airdrie

overthewater

Established Member
248 is SPT contract, SPT can do what it likes ;) I agree copying 201 route would be stupid but this revised route ie current 211 would operate a completely different way.

lastbus

JMB don’t run the daytime 248 service Stuarts do and operates to Wishaw via Chapelhall and Newarthill every 3 hours and doesn’t go near Motherwell (Monday to Friday only)

The McGill’s 248 evening Monday to Saturday service is hourly from Holytown to Wishaw General only

Although the Stuarts No. 44 service from Carluke to Kilsyth via Airdrie maybe will be the same as JMB’s 211 from Motherwell to Airdrie

I think it would be stupid if they copied First’s 201 service between Motherwell to Airdrie
Stuart’s 44 looks like it’s a depot run to get the fuel rebate it won’t run all day.

Robert cusick

Timetables should be compulsory even for depot runs ie no timetable no rebate (Dial-A-Bus are obviously exempt as they probably don’t have a set timetable)

Observer

Wonder if this will result in a day time subsidy for the 211? Only between Airdrie and Calderbank though.
Ace Mini Coaches are taking over the run on 6th April.
PM2014327/2 Registered
ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN

Route: Calderbank to Coatbridge Fountain or Airdrie Cross via Monklands Hospital

Service number: 42

Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping

Effective date: 06 Apr 2020