• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

JMB Travel

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The 200 classics which JMB have ,have similar interior livery to McGills and cant be consider standard stock as I believe the livery used by McGills would be copyrighted or trademarked

What? All of JMB's Enviro200's are dealer (stock) specification. I highly doubt the McGills livery is copyrighted or trademarked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stef434

your the forum expert on Aberdeen and I respect that and read with anticipation
But iam not going to start a debate on copyright law
Yes the brand is trademarked and so is the Livery through our marketing ,commercial and p/r partners
When FirstGroup sell a vehicle they stipulate that all FirstGroup livery(THE FIRST ROUNDAL) if not removed at MRU and markings(THE COPORATE COLOURS) are removed prior to the said vehicle resuming natural service ,if the said vehicle does not conform to the stipulation(UPON OBSERVATION) FirstGroup may/will take legal action against the buyer in relation to trademarked law .

Jordan Adam

Established Member
your the forum expert on Aberdeen and I respect that and read with anticipation
But iam not going to start a debate on copyright law
Yes the brand is trademarked and so is the Livery through our marketing ,commercial and p/r partners
When FirstGroup sell a vehicle they stipulate that all FirstGroup livery(THE FIRST ROUNDAL) if not removed at MRU and markings(THE COPORATE COLOURS) are removed prior to the said vehicle resuming natural service ,if the said vehicle does not conform to the stipulation(UPON OBSERVATION) FirstGroup may/will take legal action against the buyer in relation to trademarked law .

I have replied here - https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/copyrighted-liveries.185388/

CM

The JMB - McGills tie up has been rumoured for a while. Apparently McGill’s have shares in JMB. The enviros have very similar interiors to the ones McGill’s have of the same age.

You'll probably find the interiors on the McGill's and JMB Enviro 200s are simply ADLs own dealer stock spec. You only have to look at other simillarly aged Enviro 200s bought new by other independant operators to see this.

Border Buses' Enviro 200s are a good example. - https://flic.kr/p/2ghPTcT

Jordan Adam

Established Member
You'll probably find the interiors on the McGill's and JMB Enviro 200s are simply ADLs own dealer stock spec. You only have to look at other similarly aged Enviro 200s bought new by other independent operators to see this.

Border Buses' Enviro 200s are a good example. - https://flic.kr/p/2ghPTcT

The silver floor, yellow poles and grey internal fittings are typically a big give away!

lastbus

JMB have a registration in today for the 56
  • PM1087164/2 Registered
    J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Shotts Hillhouseridge Terminus to Hamilton Keith Street

Service number: 56 ()

Service type: Normal Stopping

Effective date: 12 Aug 2019

Last edited:

AlexanderPS

JMB have a registration in today for the 56
  • PM1087164/2 Registered
    J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Shotts Hillhouseridge Terminus to Hamilton Keith Street

Service number: 56 ()

Dropping North Motherwell again?

Also cancelled the 240

PM1087164/16 Cancelled
J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Cleland, Parkside Terminus to Birkenshaw, Sixth Street via Coltness, Wishaw, Netherton, Motherwell, Bellshill

Service number: 240 ()

smtglasgow

I can’t see First shifting JMB from the 41 or 56 (unless the whole JMB business went down the pan in a McKindless scenario), so I guess we’re back to how things were before last summer. If First are losing serious money running out Shotts, they’ll probably be happy to drop it in the knowledge that they’ve protected the much more lucrative 240 corridor.

But if JMB see any weakness from First (ie. if someone takes over, or if there is uncertainty over a sale), they'll be back like a shot.

lastbus

Dropping North Motherwell again?

Also cancelled the 240

PM1087164/16 Cancelled
J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Cleland, Parkside Terminus to Birkenshaw, Sixth Street via Coltness, Wishaw, Netherton, Motherwell, Bellshill

Service number: 240 ()

Don’t think they are dropping North Motherwell. The current registration for the 56 states Keith Street, Hamilton despite the fact it terminates at North Motherwell. Will have to wait and see.

Bus Guru

Are any drivers being TUPE'd over from Mcgills to do the Hamilton and East Kilbride Dab and the 13,211,230 and 399?

Bus Guru

Driver shortages already and one of their DAB drivers walked because he was asked to do tea breaks

overthewater

Established Member
Has anything gone in to replace the 240? which means First will have no competition in Bellshill or Cleland.

overthewater

Established Member
First will be happy, All its dups can come off, and it will get most of all of the passengers. If I was them I would keep the 241 at every 10mins and scoop up all the passengers.

lastbus

First will be happy, All its dups can come off, and it will get most of all of the passengers. If I was them I would keep the 241 at every 10mins and scoop up all the passengers.
The 240 dupes will probably come off once JMB do. The 241 is staying every 10 minutes but I’ve heard JMBs 56 will be every ten minutes from North Motherwell from 12th of August.

Observer

Good little motors those, but their Barney the Dinosaur livery scheme looks awful on them.
They were painted green before, CityMapper had them, JMB just added the stripe to them. They are BT66 UAP / UAR / URS. Not sure there are any more.

In regards to the 240 they should have pulled it off before the SPT contracts even started, even if they ended up not taking any, it did not do well.

41 changing in August again

J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Lanark Interchange to Hamilton Bus Station via Carluke Wishaw Motherwell

Service number: 41 ()

Effective date: 20 Aug 2019

lastbus

41 changing in August again

J M B TRAVEL LTD

Route: Lanark Interchange to Hamilton Bus Station via Carluke Wishaw Motherwell

Service number: 41 ()

Effective date: 20 Aug 2019
Apparently going to run every 10 mins along with the 56

lastbus

Mad max who was running things at JMB has now left. Reasons unknown. He is now working at E M Horsburgh. Let’s see what mess him and his good friend can make there.

Observer

Mad max who was running things at JMB has now left. Reasons unknown. He is now working at E M Horsburgh. Let’s see what mess him and his good friend can make there.
As if that company wasn't a joke before... They'll still be undercutting on contracts, hiring anyone and everyone, and running absolute buckets. Nothing will change!

lastbus

As if that company wasn't a joke before... They'll still be undercutting on contracts, hiring anyone and everyone, and running absolute buckets. Nothing will change!
240 failure probably saw him off after all it was his idea.

overthewater

Established Member
It was bad idea the 240, why would you go up to viewpark, heck coakley was the only other operator and well there have disappeared. JMB should have tried its luck at Motherwell - Chapelhall - Monklands service, new idea, better connection and the add bonus is Mcgills is like a wounded lion, so could have taken Chaplehall with little problem.

PaulMc7

Established Member
It was bad idea the 240, why would you go up to viewpark, heck coakley was the only other operator and well there have disappeared. JMB should have tried its luck at Motherwell - Chapelhall - Monklands service, new idea, better connection and the add bonus is Mcgills is like a wounded lion, so could have taken Chaplehall with little problem.

This would make a lot of sense especially since First is also dropping the 2 between Baillieston and Airdrie from August. Mcgills are there for the taking and probably wouldn't take much to budge from Coatbridge either