• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee line anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D306

Established Member
From EmergencyBrake on TSC

Hi Everybody,

I am proud to announce that the Jubilee Line for BVE4 is finally released. Yep, no jokes... just head over to http://www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/routes/jubilee.html

After a dispute with another author a while back and reports from the London Transport Museum about the computers constantly overheating/freezing and shutting itself down through the course of the day, I decided to abandon the unreleased version (which have been worked on for 3 years by various people) and rewite the entire route from scratch for the better.

Most objects have either been coded afresh or partially rebuilt in a new file to maximise efficiency. With highly efficient coding and new object encoding, performance is maximised and loading time is relatively short. The new version has been installed in the Museum's simulator computer and no further problems were reported to date.

The route is set in the present era and currently runs from Green Park to Bermondsey. Eventually it will be extended to Stratford where time permits. With highly accurate stations and extensive use of photorealistic textures, this is the most realistic route ever produced for the London Underground to date. To compare to real and simulated stations, please see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSxILT99T-8 Of course, its impossible to replicate everything 100%, but this is pretty much as real as it gets for BVE!

There are two route files included, a default one for the 1996 stock available from http://www.docklandslightrail.com and another one for other TSC trains (currently assigned to the 1995 stock), in case you wish to run the route with another train. The reason why I provided another file is because that the 1996 stock does not follow the TSC BVE Track Sound standard guidlines, so I had to work around the (incorrectly made) train. If you attempt to run the default route file with a TSC train, you will get incorrect run sounds.

Slight drop in frame rate may be observed at Green Park Junction, London Bridge Junction and in tunnels when an emergency intervention point is approached. These places are more detailed and uses more face than usual, so it is normal for the slight decrease in performance.

The route runs between 14-23fps on my computer which uses

- Windows XP Professional SP2
- AMD Athlon 3000xp @ 2.1ghz
- 1GB DDR1 RAM
- Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128mb

If your computer has the same or better
specs, you should have no problem running the route.

A note on OpenBVE-
As all objects in the route comprises of uncompressed binary .x files, I was unable to test the route with OpenBVE earlier as only version 8.0 begins to have support for .x files. As OpenBVE gives zero tolerence to transparency value offsets I have fixed up all the transparency problem so you can run he route with OpenBVE. As of 3/8/2008, it seems that the .x file parser is not perfected as there are some problems with .x file rendering. Some objects such as Westminster's stop marker and some station roundel signs only have a white void displayed instead. Also, as OpenBVE allows player to manually close the doors instead of it being automatic, the PED door close sounds will be even more off-sync, playing when there is as much as 5-10 seconds left before departure.

So to summarise, although the route can be played on OpenBVE, the route is primarily for BVE4. By all means, do try it with OpenBVE, but there are still a few minor problem with the running of it at time of writing.

There you go! Enjoy!

Wahey. Downloading now

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nath9425

Hellfire!

Loved every bit of it, Need to get use to stopping distances, either 1 metre short or 1 over! Apart from that the Route was textured amazingly - Couldn't fault it to be honest.

devon_metro

Established Member
Its a stunning route and all credit should go to Kelvin who has painstakingly recoded the whole thing.

Does anyone have problems with stopping and opening the doors?
I stopped dead on the stop board, and it said move ahead to the correct position, and I tried shifting my train little by little and the doors never opened!

nath9425

Does anyone have problems with stopping and opening the doors?
I stopped dead on the stop board, and it said move ahead to the correct position, and I tried shifting my train little by little and the doors never opened!
Nope...Do 40mph into the station and hit B5 and I get the mark straight on!

Theres about a 3 metre leaveway with the doors...

Bill EWS

"Do 40mph into the station and hit B5 and I get the mark straight on!"

nath9425, I hope you don't (ever) drive trains for real!!!

However, I do agree that stopping is more difficult with the platform doors. I usually hit the mark pretty well in most LU routes but it took me a few goes to get anywhere near correct. What I could make out is that you stop your cab door window level with the ----- marks between the green guide markings on the wall.

One method I use to find stopping points with new BVE routes is to jump to stations and take note where the train has stopped and of any objects/markings at the edge of the driver's window. I then try to stop as closly to those markings from then on.

Having said that I must congratulate Kevin on producing what surely must be the most realistic and photographic BVE LU route ever. Absolutely brilliant. This is the first LU route where I have felt that the tunnel walls and the rails look very realistic.

Cheers.

BILLEWS.

I really don't know what's wrong.It appears my route doesn't have a stop mark!

Could someone link me to the proper train? No matter where I stop on the stop board i'm too far ahead or too far back, and I move the train by inches, the stopping point on mine has a leeway of about 2mm I think!

Any help?

nath9425

When did I give you permission to directly link to my downloads? Please modify the link.

Your right I am Not Sorry.

Incase you missed that again - Go to this "Wonderful" website that I found in some person signature
http://www.docklandslightrail.com/
Then just add the following prefixes to the address,
/downloads/LT1996.EXE

Which should eventually end out like
http://www.docklandslightrail.com/downloads/LT1996.EXE

If you also wish to go to an inactive forum, with a man with a gun as the logo on a train forum, then visit this link!
http://www.docklandslightrail.com/forum/index.php

Anytime Descending Sadly...:)

James stop try to act 'Cool' on a train forum - It doesn't work

P.S The file is at the bottom of THIS Page - http://www.docklandslightrail.com/trains/LT1996.html

P.S.S Oh and caution...if these files corrupt your PC, Phone up the LTM and ask them for previous experiences!

;)

bengley

Established Member
When did I give you permission to directly link to my downloads? Please modify the link.

You should be pleased that people want to share the link to your files. It's freeware, so you've done it for no profit, meaning that you obviously want people to download it.

Craig

Established Member
You mean Nathan Whitingdon who wrote a rather good route which James then took and claimed majority stake? For example....

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Does every BVE thread on here have to turn into an argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.