• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Key Words' in interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxtrevr

hi there I'm new to the forum.
Anyway I'm going for testing and my first interview this week, I've been thinking about what Key words the interviewer will be looking for, and any other tips greatly appreciated.
thanks
Trev :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Would probably be an idea to give the name of the prospective employer / job you're applying for? I know the keywords for London Underground, for example, but not for any TOC.

BestWestern

Established Member
Hiya,

No idea how tough their selection processes are over there, but generally it's always good to show a little knowledge of the basic operation, in particular what basic type of things you might expect to be doing from the location you are applying for. If you can demonstrate that you have some experience of using the services to some extent that'll probably help also, and perhaps a little knowledge of the kind of trains etc you might be looking at (I'm assuming it's a traincrew position?) but not TOO much knowledge I'd suggest as being viewed as a 'spotter' could be seen as a negative point in some people's eyes.

Above all though it's your general aptitude and abilities they should be interested in, so concentrate on that. Make sure you have some answers in stock for the inevitable "Give us an example of when have you done this or that" questions, and just try to seem like a calm, level headed kind of person!

Best of Luck ;-D

Established Member
Keywords to suggest.
Safety, Punctuality, Revenue. (In that order)

Other words may be....
Remaining focussed. Customer Care. Patience. Good listening ear. Informative. Investigative. Factual. Professional. Polite. Smartly, Correctly Dressed. Following rules.

12CSVT

Established Member
If it's FCC you're applying for then "Three bags full sir" would be key words.

amcluesent

Don't say - 1st class freebies, nobody misses a few miniatures off the trolley, I'd hide when it goes pear-shaped, Bob Crow? Respect due!, it's double-time when...?, the punters do me head in, is there training in Spanish Practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.