• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kings- Cross- Scarborough any splits about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Hi any splits worth bothering with with unprotected Priv going up Mon 25th (ideally in Scarbados for 12) & back on the 27th anytime?

Thx

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I understand Priv doesn't entitle you to a discount on Advance tickets. These therefore aren't worthwhile, since even the cheapest split I can see costs significantly more than the Priv-discounted through Anytime Return.

If you must arrive into Scarborough before 12:00 then this requires taking the 08:30 VTEC (LNER then) train, which rules out the Super Off-Peak Return which only allows a Kings Cross departure after 09:06.

TBH, I don't see any worthwhile splits for this journey. However, I may well have missed something, in which case I'm sure someone else will be along to point it out.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
If you get trains that stop at Newark North Gate both ways (the 08:30 from King's Cross does stop there) then you can save by splitting there:

London Terminals to Newark Stations Off-Peak Return PRIV £28.25
(depart King's Cross 08:00 onwards)

Newark Stations to Scarborough Off-Peak Return PRIV £15.55
(depart 09:30 onwards - the 08:30 off KGX departs NNG at 09:46 so is valid).

Total £43.80

theageofthetra

On Moderation
If you get trains that stop at Newark North Gate both ways (the 08:30 from King's Cross does stop there) then you can save by splitting there:

London Terminals to Newark Stations Off-Peak Return PRIV £28.25
(depart King's Cross 08:00 onwards)

Newark Stations to Scarborough Off-Peak Return PRIV £15.55
(depart 09:30 onwards - the 08:30 off KGX departs NNG at 09:46 so is valid).

Total £43.80
Thanks-

theageofthetra

On Moderation
If I just get the 9.30 and get the super off peak could I use that on GC if I wanted?.

Also when coming back to London are there any restrictions on what service I can use?

Thx

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do you have any reciprocal leisure facilities on any TOC?

fireftrm

Splits at Peterborough are worth it - but that excludes the xx:00 departures which are non-stop to York, haviung said that they arrive 45 mins before a Scarborough train so the xx:30, or xx:08 when its a York stopper, are the most useful. They stop at Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.