• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

King's Cross to Victoria Line - any way to avoid the long walk ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul332

Similarly, the quickest exit from the Circle/Hammersmith/Metropolitan platforms is from the east end following the signs to the interchange with the tube lines, then turn left into the old ticket hall and straight out. And vice-versa to enter. It's an interesting fact that the quickest route to any TfL service at King's Cross is almost invariably to go the opposite way to the signage. The whole shebang is part of the TfL preoccupation with customer fitness - make the beggars walk as far as possible in the subterranean mire (watch for similar at Victoria when that fully opens) (and endless fun in the multifaceted Crossrail stations). Might possibly also have something to do with flow control at peak times - but as these only occupy small percentages of the day the imposition at all other times is to my mind quite scandalous.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
Does the same advice apply to St Pancras International with regards to coming from the Victoria?

causton

Established Member
Does the same advice apply to St Pancras International with regards to coming from the Victoria?

Depends where you are coming from. If it were me I would make my way to the Euston Road end (through the shopping arcade and past the Circle line barriers from the East Midlands Trains platforms, or go down to the Northern Ticket Hall then walking along the passageway towards the Circle line barriers from there) then going through the same entrance as before.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Doing Victoria to Thameslink and vice versa

From the Victoria Line to the Thameslink?

Yes - come up the old way as described earlier in the thread, follow the signs to the H&C / Met, but keep walking past the barriers for those lines. Up the short stairs in front of you at the end, turn tight, then straight ahead - which also takes you right past the free toilets if you need a wee before getting the Thameslink - and again right at the end the entrance to the Thameslink will be directly in front of you.

A Challenge

Established Member
Hopefully I'll be able to follow that - will report back how well it goes after I do it.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Just to clarify, when I say this bit:

and again right at the end the entrance to the Thameslink will be directly in front of you.

...it means "right in front of you". You don't turn right again when you get there!

leytongabriel

Follow the signs towards the Circle/Metropolitan/H&C from any of the deep lines, that will take you up the old exit, as that's the only way you can interchange with them from the deep lines.
YES ! Just dare to ignore the other signs on the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.