• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Glasgow Friday 4th November back on 6th or 7th November

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Can anyone please help with suggestions for the cheapest way to go from Leicester to Glasgow return.

Departing Friday 4th November and returning latish on Sunday 6th or anytime that's cheap on Monday 7th.

At one time there was some combination of split ticket and either a rover or somesuch - my memory is not good!

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

suzanneparis

Thanks najaB I did reread that thread. But I had in my mind that I had seen some other option at some point in the past.

But yes, sadly prices have increased quite a lot.

John @ home

Established Member
From memory, I think suzanneparis has a Senior Railcard.

If that is so, I suggest combining:giving a flexible Standard return journey for a total of £41.00.

Sheffield - Glasgow must be by TPE trains, which requires a change in Manchester Piccadilly.

First Class return travel is available between Sheffield and Glasgow for an extra £24 by using Club 55 is a temporary fare for outward travel by people aged 55 or over on TPE only from Mon 19 Sep to Sun 20 Nov 2016, returning any day within one month. See https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/special-offers/club-55/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.