• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Peterborough / Corby Line BLOCKED by Landslips/Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
Word is coming in that the line between Syston Jct and Manton Jct and Kettering North Jct is closed due to flooding and land slides at Ashwell, and Corby tunnel.

1C33 apparantly has taken 80 mins to travel Melton to Oakham a normal 7 minute journey.

Thanks to Iain Wright who is en-route to the scene for the info.

Old Timer

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snuk

I travelled between Nuneaton and Birmingham New Street yesterday (Monday 2nd).

I was at Nuneaton about 7am and all the trains from Nuneaton to Leicester or Stansted were experiencing considerable delays, but thankfully my 0710 service to Birmingham New Street arrived on time. I heard some announcements at Nuneaton about a broken down train.

When I caught the train back to Nuneaton from Birmingham New Street - I think it was supposed to be the 1352 - it left New Street about 1430. I asked the train manager and he confirmed the broken down train earlier in the day and they were still being affected.

It reminds me of just how fragile our railways are that one, relatively minor problem, can cause serious delays to traffic for the rest of the day.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that the Nuneaton to New Street trains in both directions were having to use the same track.

I guess I might just be unlucky but almost every time I travel between New Street and Nuneaton something always goes wrong.

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.