• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Live Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am pleased to announce that Train Sim Network has now set up a Live Support system.

It won't be 24 hours a day, but we will try our best to be around for as long as possible.

If you have any problems with BVE, MSTS or KRS please contact us and we will try and help you!

We can be contacted in 3 ways -

1) Skype - Send messages to tsn.live.support

2) MSN - Send messages to TSNLiveSupport[at]live.co.uk

3) E-mail - Send an e-mail to TSNLiveSupport[at]live.co.uk

(Replace the [at] with the usual '@' otherwise it won't work!)

So if you have a problem or query, don't hesitate to ask us!

Thanks
Ryan

Mods - Apologies if this breaks any rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Hi

I am pleased to announce that Train Sim Network has now set up a Live Support system.

It won't be 24 hours a day, but we will try our best to be around for as long as possible.

If you have any problems with BVE, MSTS or KRS please contact us and we will try and help you!

We can be contacted in 3 ways -

1) Skype - Send messages to tsn.live.support

2) MSN - Send messages to TSNLiveSupport[at]live.co.uk

3) E-mail - Send an e-mail to TSNLiveSupport[at]live.co.uk

So if you have a problem or query, don't hesitate to ask us!

Thanks
Ryan

Mods - Apologies if this breaks any rules.

I'd change @ with [at] unless you want spam :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

Established Member
Interesting idea, but I fail to see any advantage over posting a query on a forum where a wider font of knowledge is available. Will the live support be supported by some sort of railsim guru?

Interesting idea, but I fail to see any advantage over posting a query on a forum where a wider font of knowledge is available. Will the live support be supported by some sort of railsim guru?

I wouldn't say I was a guru Craig, but I do know a fair bit about the simulators hence why I've set the Live Support up. But alas, it seems some members of the community are simply there to cause trouble and abuse those who try and help those who are having trouble.

Craig

Established Member
I wouldn't say I was a guru Craig, but I do know a fair bit about the simulators hence why I've set the Live Support up. But alas, it seems some members of the community are simply there to cause trouble and abuse those who try and help those who are having trouble.

Judging by what I'm reading on TSC I don't think you have the credentials.

Someone who lists themselves as an expert in the field and classes ME as a verison of XP isn't going to be giving out correct info in my opinion.

You won't be hearing from me on MSN, that's for sure!

Judging by what I'm reading on TSC I don't think you have the credentials.

Someone who lists themselves as an expert in the field and classes ME as a verison of XP isn't going to be giving out correct info in my opinion.

You won't be hearing from me on MSN, that's for sure!
*sigh*
This is getting boring now.
The person in question wasn't making himself clear, so when we asked him to clarify his os he started to be abusive. I know that Me isn't a version of XP but it is an os in its own right.

Craig

Established Member
So when he said XP Media Edition why did you ask if it was Millenium edition?

May be getting boring for you but it proves you have no idea what you are talking about and why Live Support should not be used until we can be promised good information rather than a good old stab in the dark!

Meld

Right folks - I have nothing whatsoever to do with TSN and think the team should be applauded for this initiative.

We were all newbies to simming at sometime and there is that much information out there, I'm sure any little help made will be appreciated by the recipients.

Moderator Hat on

Lets give the team a chance and keep all comments constructive as opposed to the constant negativeness that seems to be rife around here

Moderator Hat off

Gavelex

RE: Operating system.

We all make silly mistakes / misreading stuff at some point. Get over it.

I was at another family members house at the weekend, and BVE had no transparency. The service was very usefull!

Craig

Established Member
Not really good enough when you are claiming to be the best and offering support though is it? If a professional company gave you that information you wouldn't exactly be happy with it would you?

And whilst you say that I am yet to see evidence to back this up. How do we know this isn't just something you are both saying to promote the service? Not that you would do a thing like that gavelex, ever. So trustable ;)

Last edited:
I will be making the decision in the next few hours whether or not to keep the Live Support system in operation. This is due to the overwhelming tidal wave of criticism to me and the TSN team. I will post here with my final decision.

eezypeazy

I dont think it's been "an overwhelming tide of criticism"; as far as I'm concerned, I've simply been asking for some points of clarification with regard to what we might expect from this service - which, as Craig and others have pointed out, both here and elsewhere, is actually a good idea....

It's also been suggested that we could build on it by publishing the questions and answers as some sort of FAQ, which some people might find easier to use than a forum.

Regards

eezypeazy

If I do decide to keep it open, I will make a thread here with an FAQ of questions and the solutions. I will also write up a disclaimer to put on the forums and before every session.
Posted via Mobile Device

eezypeazy

Well, it appears that the discussion on this topic in another forum, despite having almost 50 well reasoned, considered replies and comments, has been deleted from the board....

... I wonder how long it will be before this one goes....

I wish I had such influential friends.....

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

Ah, yes.... the Robert Mugabe approach to ensuring all sides of a discussion can be aired......

eezypeazy

Yep, I don't give this one very long before it's removed....

Craig

Established Member
What have these last few comments got to do with Live Support?
Posted via Mobile Device

The fact you have decided to have the thread deleted than answer questions about the service. Not a dictatorship or corrupt or anything ;)

Especially seeing as you snubbed eezypeazy's very levelled questions on at least two occaisions. He was trying to give you the chance.

CARI.Mugabe.gif

I had just posted my reply to Eezypeazy when the thread was deleted. So I didn't snub him, why is always the same people with the snide comments? I'm getting fed up of this, I am only trying to help out the train sim community and I get all this BS. :roll:
Posted via Mobile Device

Craig

Established Member
You snubbed him and guillyman on at least two occaisions before you decided to give them a response. The majority of their questions and ones posed by Double Trigger were left unanswered. A lot of very valid questions you refused to answer!

If you can't take criticism perhaps you shouldn't be running this?

No need to start swearing either.

eezypeazy

I had just posted my reply to Eezypeazy when the thread was deleted. So I didn't snub him, why is always the same people with the snide comments? I'm getting fed up of this, I am only trying to help out the train sim community and I get all this BS. :roll:
Posted via Mobile Device
That is true, Ryan... you had just answered my main questions, and I had just replied to your answer, when - in a "Just Like That!" moment that would have earned Tommy Cooper a round of applause - the whole thing vanished!

And so now, no-one will ever have the benefit of my reply.... which (as I am sure I have no need to assure everyone), would never have been "snide".

But, once again, you've decided that comments in a thread are "snide" and "BS"...

... which is such a pity, Ryan, because, as I may have already said, there's the germ of a really good idea in this one...

Regards to all,

eezypeazy

Status
Not open for further replies.