• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool Street to Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Sorry to the mods first, if this is in the wrong forum,

But on a ticket from LWT to WVH going via London, is it easier to go to euston square on the tube or is it easier to leave at Kings Cross St Pancras and walk down euston road

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I'd say it's easier to go to Euston Square, it's hardly any distance at all from Euston station itself :)

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Euston Square, easily. Nearer to Euston, and quieter and much less of a labyrinth of passageways than KXG/STP tube

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If you've got loads of luggage, probably easier to walk from Kings Cross as there is step free access to street level there unlike at Euston Square. If not, get out at Euston Square and walk the shorter distance to the mainline station.

TP

Trainfan344

Established Member
^Think I shall end up using The Cross then, I'm too lazy to go up stairs in london.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It's only about 40 steps IIRC - 20 platform to booking hall and 20 up to street level!

dvboy

Established Member
Thanks for this I was going to ask a similar question for a similar journey in Feb (WVH-GYM) (I have split using LM and GA's sales, and intend on spending a few hours in London on the return).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry to the mods first, if this is in the wrong forum,
It's not but can you read the rules and bear those in mind in particular the use of codes please? We do require the station names to be used at least once please. I'm not going to look them up though I happen to know WVH is Wolverhampton.
But on a ticket from LWT to WVH going via London, is it easier to go to euston square on the tube or is it easier to leave at Kings Cross St Pancras and walk down euston road
You can go to Euston Square or King's Cross St Pancras on the sub-surface Met/Circle/H&C line (not actually a tube, so avoids the use of escalators and lengthy passageways and the trains are full-size so it's a nicer environment - particularly if you're tall!) obviously Euston Square is going to be a closer walk (about 4-5 mins) than King's Cross St Pancras (about 10-12 minutes).

Alternatively if you wish to minimise walking at street level (perhaps if it's raining heavily) you could take the Central line to Tottenham Court Road and then take the Northern line to Euston. These are genuine tube lines so the amount of escalators and passageways it will involve it would normally be easiest to go to Euston Square.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
^Think I shall end up using The Cross then, I'm too lazy to go up stairs in london.
Walking an extra half mile vs using a few steps? I don't think the former is the lazy option!

jbb

Or get the northern line from moorgate to euston, it's only a 5 minute walk from liverpool street to moorgate.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
In fact, there are now lifts at Euston Square: one from the westbound platform to the ticket hall, and then one from the ticket hall to street level (albeit at the south exit from the station, on the opposite side of Euston Road from the main line station).

34D

Established Member
Or get the northern line from moorgate to euston, it's only a 5 minute walk from liverpool street to moorgate.

Or if you don't mind spending £1.35 (iirc) the cost or a single bus journey then I personally would get the 205 bus. Will take approx 20 minutes, and I'd say you'll get a seat.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Or if you don't mind spending £1.35 (iirc) the cost or a single bus journey then I personally would get the 205 bus. Will take approx 20 minutes, and I'd say you'll get a seat.
The ticket allows a cross-London transfer by LU (which could be from Liverpool St or Moorgate and could be to Kings Cross/St Pancras, Euston Square or Euston) at no extra cost, as you say the bus isn't included and is £1.35 if using Oyster PAYG (going up to £1.40 in January).

Edit: note he would have to use Wormwood Street due to diversions. We also do not know the time of travel and if at peak times the bus could be subject to delay. We also do not know the ticket type, if Advance then a delay on a bus journey would not be covered and would invalidate the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.